Heading to Cody

M

mridenour

In less than three weeks I will be in Cody, WY and will get to fish nine days straight. We'll be fishing the North Fork of the Shoshone for sure. Had great luck there last year. Any other suggestions? PM me if you feel inclined to share a secret that you don't want to post publicly. We are thinking about hitting the Lower Shoshone, South Fork of the Shoshone, Yellowstone River and maybe some of the lakes.

Thanks for you advice!

yonder

Reaction score
If you can spare the driving time..........52 miles to the yellowstone border.........try the north east corner of the park......lots of scenery to enhance the fishing.......Cody is a nice town......I stayed at the Irma hotel and had a great time!!!:) Good luck and tight lines!!!:) Also...I would add, that if you are fortunate enough to find some "private access" on the Greybull.........then I would most certainly go for it!!!:)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
All I can say is 9 days in Cody......I'm jealous already!
Be sure to post a trip report, that is gorgeous country and getting to fly fish it makes it even better.

M

mridenour

Last year we went and fished South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming but the wives came along. That cut into our fishing time drastically. This year they are going to the Bahamas while we are in Cody. We have awesome wives...lol!!!

mikel

Reaction score
Not into bonefish? I'm jealous too. Cody is on my bucket list just for the museum....oh, and the fishing. Have fun!

M

mridenour

I've never fished bonefish. We have friends that will let us use their condo in Freeport and we are thinking next year we will head down there and give the fishing a try. I've always wanted to do it.