First trout on the fly rod!

dryfly256

Reaction score
I don't know if it's my apple products not letting post pictures, but I went on my first trout trip and caught a 16 inch rainbow trout. im already selling some of my bass rods and reels to get waders and fly tying materials I have been bitten by the trout bug! Thanks for all the info from this forum it helped a lot on my trip.

dryfly256

Reaction score
I think that's what my problem is I'm using Facebook ill try another site I appreciate it.

pszy22

Reaction score
I don't know if it's my apple products not letting post pictures, but I went on my first trout trip and caught a 16 inch rainbow trout. im already selling some of my bass rods and reels to get waders and fly tying materials I have been bitten by the trout bug! Thanks for all the info from this forum it helped a lot on my trip.
Congratulations! I still remember my first trout I caught 40 years ago. My first was closer to 6".

argail

Reaction score
Grac, with the first trout, they are beautiful, true ?!

If you're going to release the fish, do it gently... :icon_excl

dryfly256

Reaction score
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy323/tango256/null.jpg
Trial run take one

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I still don't think this is right let me know if it works.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Grac, with the first trout, they are beautiful, true ?!

If you're going to release the fish, do it gently...

A guide at the local fly shop told me how to do a figure 8 with the fish and release it that way he shot right off after 10 seconds or so.

chi804

Reaction score
Nice fish!
I'm sure you're addicted like most of us here. Just a reminder about handling these fish. When you do handle, be sure too that your hands are wet as you'll remove their protective "slime coating" if they're not. Try not to keep them out of the water for too long as it does stress them out. I like to keep them in the net and in the water for photos and if I take them out of the water its usually just out of the net and a few inches from the water.
Good luck with your new found passion.

Last edited:

dryfly256

Reaction score
Yes sir I am I don't know what code to use on photobucket there are 3 different ones HTML direct img. The guide told me about keeping my hands wet, the fish stayed out of the water long enough to take that picture and we started the figure eights and he took off.

mikel

Reaction score
Hi...use the IMG link...just double click it and it'll say "copied" then paste it into your post. That's what works for me.

I see water dripping from your hands in the pic...we're all a little paranoid about fish handling, so be patient with us. It does matter and it's good you got info from your fly shop...there's a lot to learn.

Keep fishing

-m

silver creek

Reaction score
I don't know why photobucket changed their IMG code to post photos.

Let say the location of the photo is xxx and I will substitute a "(" for "[" and ")" for "]"

The code you copied was:

(URL=xxx)(IMG)xxx(/IMG)(/URL)

(URL=http://s804.photobucket.com/user/tango256/media/null.jpg.html)(IMG)http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy323/tango256/null.jpg(/IMG)(/URL)

Remove everything but the (IMG)

So instead of:

(URL=xxx)(IMG)xxx(/IMG)(/URL)

You get:

(IMG)xxx(/IMG)

(IMG)http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy323/tango256/null.jpg(/IMG)

Replace the "(" and ")" with "[" and "]". The you will get the photo in your post as below: