Nice Fall Chinook Hen....

winxp_man

Reaction score
Here is a nice Fall Chinook Hen I caught on my #9 TCX Spey rod..... Fun fish to fight with on a rod this big! Caught quite a few this year and cant complain.

Now here is a pic of the hen.....

winxp_man

Reaction score
Yes a #4 Lamson litespeed is a must! My buddy took his #3.5 and the frame was bending so bad that the spool would rub the edge of the frame. I have lots of video that I will post when I finish the editing.

And yes guys it was a HAWG :D I caught one that was even bigger but as I was about to take a picture it did one final tail maneuver and it was gone! :) Just a blast to have the opportunity to fish such magnificent fish! :)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

jbird

Reaction score
Hey winxp. I've seen you posting over on the other forum. If Ive observed correctly, you havent been fly fishing for too terribly long? Youve advanced in leaps and bounds and now here you are catching fresh salmon and making the veterans envious! Really nicely done!!:D

winxp_man

Reaction score

Jbird I actually started fly fishing back in 2000. But I got into the spey stuff October 2012. So this year October 20 something I will have a year since I started spey stuff :D

I'm loving it though! And thanks Jbird for the compliment!