Under Water Camera Video

mrfzx

Reaction score
My brother has an Olympus Sport Digital Camera. On the Kenai River, near the Russian River Ferry, there are cleaning tables provided by the state. There you can clean your days catch. While I was working on our collective catch of Sockeye, I was throwing small pieces of scraps into the water beside the tables, and watching the trout attack the scraps as they drifted down current. My brother got the idea to dunk his camera and see what it looked like. Here is the video of what the camera saw.

By the way, its illegal to fish near the cleaning tables.:( The video starts out a bit slow, but keep watching!

UW Kenai Trout 1 Video by mrfzx | Photobucket

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Homer,

Lots of Dolly Varden char in that mix too. Too bad none of those giants showed up that can grab the big chunks :)

Ard

mrfzx

Reaction score
Hi Homer,

Lots of Dolly Varden char in that mix too. Too bad none of those giants showed up that can grab the big chunks :)

Ard
They were there. Just too shy to get close to the camera. I saw several rainbows swallow lumps of roe half as big as a baseball in a single gulp! There was one big boy in the mix that I figured was nearly 3 feet long, and shaped like a football. Three of us saw him several times as it rose for large gobs of roe, all of us experienced with large fish, and we agreed it was definitely a 20+ pound fish.

Last edited: