black friday trout

ruttness

Reaction score
so while the family was planning on hitting up sales i was thinking about taking the drive to trout waters up on the blue ridge, my cousin (who is more like a brother) was down for the holiday and wanted to tag along so we got up early and made the hour drive, the water was crystal clear and the first few holes i normally hit were empty, so i kept moving down stream, and hit a pool that has a feeder creek coming into it and saw a few holding deep. so i tied on a small olive bead head bugger and had a nice sized brook take it a few casts in

after i pulled him the rest spooked so, and a couple worm dunkers stole the hole and tangled up in my line so out of frustration we headed down stream again, i tied on an egg sucking leech and had another brook take it hard

and after a couple cast another brook took it

then i headed down to an old bridge with some deeper water so i put on the waders and tied on a bigger conehead orange flash bugger and they went crazy for it wound up with 4 decent sized bows out of that hole before we called it a day and headed home for some turkey sandwiches

overall it was a great day, very few people in the park so mostly private fishing, some quality time with a person i dont get to see much anymore and it beats the heck out of waiting in lines and getting trampled at walmart ad 4 in the morning

hope all had a good holiday, thanks for looking

Last edited:

williamhj

Reaction score
Great day and great pictures! Glad to see some people got out fishing and had success. Thanks for posting.

ruttness

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words guys, believe it or not but im not used to my closest trout resource being an hour away, we transplanted the family here about a year from the lehigh valley limestoner area. trout waters were within walking distance

it was a beautiful day though the weather was about perfect for fishing and it was the first time i got to hookup on some fish with the allen rod and reel my wife got me for my birthday back in august, and the gear is a delight to fish with still cant get over the quality at that price point