Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tubefly for resident brown trout

Default Tubefly for resident brown trout

Hi guys !

Here in Europe, trout season is starting soon (in march).

After my Salmon River trip, I have now a switch rod and I started to tie some tube flies

But, before going back on the Salmon River and fishing for steelheads, I'd like to try these flies for brown trouts, in the rivers near my home (Spain and France)

Any of you are fishing brown trouts with tubes ? how about my patterns, and any recommandations ?

Thanks !

2. Likes jpbfly, runningfish, mcnerney, paulw2, Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tubefly for resident brown trout

Nice flies Ben

4. Likes ben664 liked this post

I have not gotten into the tube fly thing yet but am so very close. I can see so many great advantages to it!

Nice flies and thanks for pushing me a hair closer
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

6. Likes ben664 liked this post

Ben, elles semblent bonnes.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

8. Likes jpbfly, ben664 liked this post

Nice tying Ben, haven't got the bug yet for those things.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Hi Ben,

Take a look in the Spey sub forums here, I posted a pattern in the Flies For Spey Fishing threads called Sunray Shadow. These are of Norwegian origin and are simple to make. They are going to be my fly for this season, trout - salmon, everything. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ay-shadow.html

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

11. Likes ben664, jaybo41 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Hi Ben,

Take a look in the Spey sub forums here, I posted a pattern in the Flies For Spey Fishing threads called Sunray Shadow. These are of Norwegian origin and are simple to make. They are going to be my fly for this season, trout - salmon, everything. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ay-shadow.html

Ard
    Very nice fly Ard !

I don't have the smal black/yellow/white feather (I don't remember the name sorry !)

But I have white buck tail and black artic fox. I think Mylar also.... have to check !

Thanks

Blog Entries

Hey Ben,

Great looking flies, I'm sure you will find yourself tight to some trout with those. Ard has tied some really, really nice flies and his suggestion is undoubtedly a great one.

What I've learned about tying and fishing tubes is that streamers are where it's at when it comes to tubes, spey style flies being a close second. The good news is you can pretty much adapt anything you tie on a shank to a tube. Let your creativity take hold and stick with the colors that work and you'll likely be landing fish. It's pretty clear to me that I think you have the idea based on your ties. Well done.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

14. Likes ben664 liked this post

Sure Jaybo.

We have also some sea run brown trout in june, and few atlantic salmons (but I don't want to target it, according to me it's a waste of time here in France but maybe I'm wrong !)

So, I'll target brown trouts, with natural colors flies (olive, brown , white and black) with very few flash.

Just want to try minnow patterns with angel hair when the water is hight and dirty.

16. Default Re: Tubefly for resident brown trout

You need to perform some actions with extreme level of caution for fishing. For example, you can not switch back once you switched on to this.
    Last edited by interangler; 03-01-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast