The Smokies!!

bmbailes

Reaction score
Well I'm finally back at work and daydreaming about the Little Rivers Tyers Weekend fun! Lots of great company and meeting guys in person for the first time , some of which I have known for a few yrs. I picked up several great tips and techniques from my buddy, Mr. Troutman, and many others. I also got a few flies gifted to me and I handed out a few too.
The fishing Sat. morning was slow but I landed a few bows in the park and witnessed 2 very large browns fighting at a tailout( I'm sure they were males...because it was a brutal brawl)! after a few hours me and my buddy headed back and I ran over and setup to tie. Then Sunday me and my wife and kiddos headed into the park and after a hike in on a tiny trickle I landed my first ever wild Brookie!!! I couldn't believe the colors and the fight on my Echo glass 4wt! There is no comparing these to the stock Brookies I've caught in my tailwaters. I ended up with a dozen on a big ole stimulator before we headed out.......and the best part was my wife and kids were there to see everything and take pics!

JDR

Reaction score
Very nice. I am looking to get to the Smokies more often, Thanks for the motivation.

repperson29

Reaction score
Man the colors on that first brookie is what makes me love fishing.

The smokies are on my list to hike/fish

Ryan

normmcclean

Reaction score
Wish we had brookies here in Missouri they are so much fun on light tackle and thast good lord took his time coming up with such beautiful colors on those fish

waterfordcreek

Reaction score
Well done.

I missed fly tying weekend by a week. I moved west the weekend before.

Would have loved to drop by the shop...guess im going to have to order a new brookie hat!!

From what I understand...there was quite a bit of talent in the room...and ALL where having a great time.

slowdown

Reaction score
While I love living in the Rockies, I do miss those beautiful streams in the Smokies and the Appalachians. Thanks for the post. That BOW has a great color and I love that bright orange belly on the brook.