The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 01-11-2017, 09:23 PM

nimblybimbly85 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Night Fishing Consensus?

Anyone know where it's legal in California to night fish for wild trout?

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:55 AM

dude02 is on a distinguished road

Looking at the CA regs briefly, you are limited to night fishing for trout to a few lakes throughout the state. Night fishing is prohibited in all streams from what I can see. Legal fishing times are 1 hour before and after sunrise/sunset.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes nimblybimbly85 liked this post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 AM
A Night Fishing Consensus?

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude02 View Post
Looking at the CA regs briefly, you are limited to night fishing for trout to a few lakes throughout the state. Night fishing is prohibited in all streams from what I can see. Legal fishing times are 1 hour before and after sunrise/sunset.
Same here in Oregon. Large 'Cuppa' between the Jeep seats, waiting for a bit of light to see what I'm doing. Silly as it sounds the local 7-11 has the best coffee I've ever had. Bring you own mug, a dollar.

fae
Old 01-12-2017, 11:13 AM

nimblybimbly85 will become famous soon enough

Does big brother make it illegal to protect the angler or the fish?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:44 PM

Bigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond reputeBigfly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

The Truckee is the only moving water open at night....
Correction...moving water in NV. county CA.
Sorry bout that...

Jim

Last edited by Bigfly; 01-15-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:40 AM

corn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud of

There's a fishery near me that hosts some good browns. I spent a summer two years ago throwing streamers in the moonlight. Hooked two good fish; one "L'd" a #2 streamer hook and the other wrapped up on a deadhead. Landed neither, saw niether.lol. The problem I had was navigating; not taking a spill on the rocks and still focusing on the fish. I would say that the two fish I hooked was worth the time. In the Black Canyon of the Gunnison during summer I will throw mice into the the deep slower waters at night. I think my success is better in the hour after sun down and the hour prior to sun up than anything in between. If you know the water and can safely navigate it and you know there are big browns there, heck yes I'd go for it!