Brookie Bonanza

franzenangler

Reaction score
Well mom told me and dad we had to replace the faceboard on the front gutter before we could go fishing again,. So we get to work on it in the heat of the day and of course I'm the one on the roof. Needless to say it was gruesomely hot. We finish at about 5pm and got hit a small creek for about an hour and a half.

We got there and dad landed one on the first drift. We missed a few and ldr'ed some bigguns. But all in all we caught about 25 brookies, a good day if u ask me.

ant

Reaction score
Very nice.

What was that fly you were using, the one with the pink in it?

franzenangler

Reaction score
That my friend is what I like to call the dry weenie. I tied it up a few days ago and used pink chenille with the body just like on a pink weenie hence the name.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
You have a pattern for that pink weenie somewhere? i keep seeing it and cant quiet 100% decide how it looks. Appears your brookies like the pink, I'll be in TN next year and I need to catch more brookies then I did in CO.

franzenangler

Reaction score

ianhughscott

Reaction score
Ah, Brookies! One of the prettiest, if not the prettiest fish ever! Very nice photos and interesting pattern too! I'll have to try that Pink Weeny.

What's the largest brookie you've taken from that lovely looking stream?

Ian

franzenangler

Reaction score
Ah, Brookies! One of the prettiest, if not the prettiest fish ever! Very nice photos and interesting pattern too! I'll have to try that Pink Weeny.

What's the largest brookie you've taken from that lovely looking stream?

Ian
About 7 inches, but I have lost a ten incher which is an absolute monster for the size of this creek.

franzenangler

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was using a Fisher Sterling 4 weight. My dad was using a Winston Fiberglass 3 weight. I enjoyed using the longer rod, I was using an 8 foot him a 6'6" It makes it alot more of a challenge in the thick cover.