Brown Trout Pics

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to try something new, and, I hope, something fun for board members. Admin, let me know if this is inappropriate or not, or if I should post this some place else. I looked at all of the board posting categories and couldn't find anything more appropriate than the General Discussion category, so here goes.

What I'd like to do here is have this as an ongoing thread where board members post nothing but pictures of brown trout they have caught.

If this is successful, and the rest of you contribute regularly and enjoy it, perhaps the powers that be can make it a sticky for everyone to continue to enjoy. Let's see what comes of it. I would also like to start the same for rainbows and cutthroats, as well as Alaska species. Let's see how this one does and we'll go from there.

Here are some of my favorites to get us started:

My son with one from our favorite spring creek:

His friend, Ryan, with another spring creek beauty:

How's this for an ugly mug?:

Your's truly with a lower Henry's Fork beastie:

Chris with another spring creek trophy:

Chris, again with a big 'un from the spring creek:

Close up:

My first trip to Idaho's Silver Creek yielded this 24-inch gut-buster (only had my camera phone for the pic):

South Fork of the Snake River, Idaho beauty:

Another nice South Fork catch:

The spring creek keeps 'em coming:

Winter on the lower Henry's Fork:

Look close and you'll see a mouth full of amber scuds:

Ryan and Mike with a South Fork double:

Ryan with a nice South Fork 20-incher:

The prettiest one yet from the spring creek:

Mouth full of Rubber Legs:

A magical spring creek morning:

That's it for now from this old angler. Hope you all choose to participate. Let's see if we can really get a super thread going and share some of our favorites with our friends.

Kelly.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Let's limit this to pictures only, not reports. Let's keep this a pictures only thread of some of your favorites.:biggrin:

Kelly.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Green River Brown:

Clint with a nice Brown:

North Platte Brown:

North Platte:

North Platte:

North Platte:

Stillwater Brown:

Green River Brown:

Green River:

Green River:

My son John with a Colorado Brown:

Colorado River Brown:

Green River:

Green River:

Green River:

rmooney

Reaction score
first brown of the 2010 WI catch and release season!

my first NICE brown on a dry fly. i saw this trout rising time after time, but he was hanging out underneath 2 fallen trees with exposed branches everywhere. i finally decided to go for it and laid out the cast of my life and dodged all of the branches lol he slammed it within 1 second of the drift

another brown from the streams of La Crosse, WI

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Rmooney: You gotta love it when a trout is hiding under some tree branches and you can lay a cast in there for a good hook up, Congrats!

Larry

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Great pics, everyone. Owen River Lodge, I guess I can dream about it can't I? Great fish! Places I want to fish before I die: New Zealand, the salt, Patagonia. Until then I'm perfectly satisfied to live in the middle of some of the best Blue Ribbon trout waters known to man:thumbsupu.

I know there are others out there with some great shots and we'd love to see them. Keep 'em coming everyone.

Kelly.

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
madjoni, what awesome looking fish. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, everyone, we have become a permanent addition to the board!:frogdance I hope you will all continue to share your brown trout pictures, both past and present and future as time passes. Thanks to all.

Sasha, I just knew you would wade in :p eventually. You and Ben have one of the sweetest brown trout waters in the entire world in your backyard. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to future posts.

Kelly.

madjoni

Reaction score
Dont vory Kelly....i predict ;) that this thread will have lot of pages:)

We have two major drenages here,Black and Adriatic sea.Brownies are different and here is Adriatic line only

This black ring like markings are not rare and large number of black and red spots

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tyler185

Reaction score
This is my biggest brown so far at 18 inches. He was a hog and wild!

[/IMG]

This is my favorite picture on any of the browns I have caught

MacFly55

Reaction score
awesome pics .. one of these days I hope to get on some waters where I can hook into one of those beauties.. .:)

MacFly :cool:

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Isn't this fun?! Thanks, everyone for your contributions. Some beautiful photos and fish. Let's keep it going, I know there are many more great brown trout out there just waiting to get on here. Keep 'em coming folks!

Kelly.