Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: All in all a good day

Default All in all a good day

Got up at 530 this morning and went down to the Winooski river today. It was pretty windy 15-20mph but that still didn't stop me. No trout unfortunately, saw 3 rise to something on the surface but couldn't figure out what they were eating. Put on at least half a dozen flies from Adams, copper John, hares ear, olive wooly bugger, even an SJ worm but no go not even a taste. All in all it was still a great day and I will be back at it tomorrow morning. The husky came along as usual and caught a mouse, at least we both didn't go home empty handed! The best part about fishing near waterbury is going to the black back pub and fly shop after a day on the river. That's right a pub with all kinds of local craft beers on tap and it's also a fly shop!! could it get any better?

Sonya on the mouse scent and watching me not catch fish

Default Re: All in all a good day

A pub and fly shop in one???? WANT. Lots of pubs around me, but very few fly shops.... That is a Great! looking dog.

IF I can get up tomorrow am-- I'll be on the water--- had the neighbors over, grilled, put a fire in the fire pit, and indulged in several Sierra Nevada Pales.... Twas a good evening.

Blog Entries

My first thought when I saw Sonya's pic was "Squirrel!"

Gorgeous pics! I agree pretty dang hard to beat a fly shop/pub combo!

Yea seriously theres nothing better than a craft beer bar that sells fly's and gear and gives great fishing advice. I'm relativley new to Vermont so I love finding all these great places.

In case your ever in the area.
    Blackback Pub & Flyshop - Home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adkjoe View Post
    Yea seriously theres nothing better than a craft beer bar that sells fly's and gear and gives great fishing advice. I'm relativley new to Vermont so I love finding all these great places.

In case your ever in the area.
    Blackback Pub & Flyshop - Home
    I'm older now and this wouldn't be as much a threat as it would a novelty. But I am so thankful that the Slate Run Tackle Shop did not serve beer in the 1980s' and 90s'. I would have been the guy who lived under the I 180 overpass on Pine Creek with all the fishing gear.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

That is a beautiful dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I'm older now and this wouldn't be as much a threat as it would a novelty. But I am so thankful that the Slate Run Tackle Shop did not serve beer in the 1980s' and 90s'. I would have been the guy who lived under the I 180 overpass on Pine Creek with all the fishing gear.

haha it's very dangerous trust me! It draws a really good crowd though, in addition to being a craft beer bar they also have a whisky and scotch bar. It's a small place that was opened by a local lawyer/fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc21fish View Post
    That is a beautiful dog.

Thank you, she's a sweetheart!