The Day After...

plecain

Reaction score
... Labor Day, that is.
Stopped for a short time at the Saco, a major river in NH, to see if that was still any good. It had been really good a few weeks ago.
The only other one there was this fisherman.

He didn't catch anything while I was there. Neither did I.
So, I went to one of the Saco tributaries that was good last September.

It was OK this time. Not as good as last year. Fewer fish. Generally smaller. Also, I saw boot prints in the sand in a few places:(. That's not something I see here usually.
Fished a long time, 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The fish aren't fully colored-up yet, but I still like them.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul
Thanks for sharing your trip report, those photos are gorgeous.

That photo reminds me of a time several years ago when I was wade fishing the Green below Flaming gorge and a Blue Heron landed about 30 ft from me while I was fishing, I was so struck by how still that bird could be while he scanned the water for a fish, very stealthy indeed.

dennyk

Reaction score
Beautiful Photos! I made it out yesterday to the headwaters of the White River, got a couple very colorful brook trout in the 10" range while dodging downpours under thick hemlock trees. Fun Day! :)

Denny

Rip Tide

Reaction score
A friend that cycles (instead of fly fishing :eek:) shot this photo of some anglers on the Farmington just the other day :D