Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Game Chagers for Steelhead

Out of curiosity, has anyone had success using game changers for steelhead?

If so how did you fish them?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game Chagers for Steelhead

Hooked......
    I would have to say no......smaller flies seem to work.
    Just couldn't leave ya hanging.

Jim

3. Likes dennyk liked this post

I've been tempted to use Gamechangers, the only thing that is stopping me is they take me forever to tie.

Typically I stick with Stonefly nymph patterns in different colors tied on 3x Tiemco TMC200R hooks sizes 8 and 10.

Denny

5. Likes Bigfly liked this post
  6. Default Re: Game Chagers for Steelhead

smaller flies do work well... I use a switch rod, I have some 3" changers id like to try.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Small flies ... #10's work for me. Black is the colour of choice.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with the pattern, I guess that means I'm outta touch but........ Agreed that small flies work, however it matters what time of year and in my case the size of the water I'm fishing in when it comes to what I use and what they take. If you have pocket water conditions then probing with something in size 6 or 8 can be the ticket but when throwing long casts and searching various current seams on a single cast then larger seems to work for me here. Now I should google up a Game Changer I guess.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Top end of the Rogue River is 'Lost Creek Lake' and a huge dam. Below the dam are the 'Holy Waters.' Fly only, below the dam (400 yards?) is more fly only water. You can use a spinning rod, casting bubble but just flies .. two are legal.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Watching the news ... fires in Kalifornia ...

Same with my Daughter Julie up in Seattle ... her home burned to the ground. USAA took care of every thing ..." Why do I want my insurance through them Dad? " "Just trust me on this one." Two ladies on her arm ... New Panties, a hair cut and curl. Finger point ... "Mr. Evans you will sit there, we will take care of every thing." Thinking about this and cried again. Dad's know a lot of things ... but not this kind of stuff.

Lot cleaned up Tears ... "What do I do now Dad?" Took her to a factory build home, walk through ... "She will take this one." Still lives there. A good thing I think.

fae