Mediterranean colors????
FLY FISHING....IS WHAT WE NEED.

Jim

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I've been away again for the past 16 hours and am not aware of what you are seeing. I can tell you that if Vince is a sponsor it's because they ? he has paid to advertise with the forum group. While fly fishing may be what we like a little income is what makes our many websites possible. I'll look for the ads you mention.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Editor needs to bump the thread announcing this from time to time. They explained what is going on. The point was the site don't run for free, but they intend to keep it non-intrusive. Admission is free here and I am good with an ad or two now and then. Anyone here interested in paying a membership fee so we can be 100% ad free?

rc51sport

Reaction score
Editor needs to bump the thread announcing this from time to time. They explained what is going on. The point was the site don't run for free, but they intend to keep it non-intrusive. Admission is free here and I am good with an ad or two now and then. Anyone here interested in paying a membership fee so we can be 100% ad free?
Sure, how much?

Edit: membership fee, bad idea. Will keep new members from signing up. I most likely would not have joined if there was a fee.

Bigfly

Reaction score
I understand ads.....
I don't understand the clothing for women......
Give us camo apparel at least. Unless that is the way you guys........
In which case......never mind.
The art of advertising, is to offer the products viewers are looking for.....if you want to stay in business......;)

Jim

rc51sport

Reaction score
I get advertisements for items I recently searched for and things that interest me. What are you searching for?...
I understand ads.....
I don't understand the clothing for women......
Give us camo apparel at least. Unless that is the way you guys........
In which case......never mind.
The art of advertising, is to offer the products viewers are looking for.....if you want to stay in business......;)

Jim
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I "get" accepting advertising dollars from anyone willing to pay them as long as they are family oriented. Throw up a mascara ad if that's who is willing to pay. I can scroll past them in two seconds if I care to. This isn't a new concept if you have ever owned a TV. Free stuff is generally not completely free in this world.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Without even looking I remembered one of these posts, it appears on the thread 'Against All Odds' that I started. I saw it on page one or 2 and just scrolled to the next post. Please don't let such things bother you too much.

corn fed fins

Reaction score
What's wrong with an ad or two? Just because I'm on a very strict diet doesn't mean I won't look at a menu from time to time. Lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

proheli

Reaction score
On Ducati.ms, the very large worldwide Ducati motorcycles portal, if you become a premium member for $20 a year ( I think that is what I pay ) then you don't see the ads. They just don't show up on your screen. It's free for everyone to join and post, etc., and you see the ads if you don't become a premium member. Not having ads is very helpful on smaller devices like a smart phone. I'd gladly pay the $20 to have an add free FFF here.

I do find it weird that I get ads for young women's pop culture clothing on this forum and I think there was an ad for marrying Eastern European girls that I have seen a few times, but who knows what the advertisers are thinking. They buy the space and can do what ever they want with it. I'm all for Ard and any other Moderators getting a good pay check - I love this forum.