Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2,165
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Quote Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
    Holy cow, Tom! You got yourself a "homie!" What was the hot fly?
    Most everyone who caught fish yesterday caught them on a 16 Red Copper John and that's what I caught this one on, my second fish was on a Brown Jimmy legs.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Close up, same fish:

Larry
    Larry

hmmmm....

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

4. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Very Nice healthy fat fish Larry.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Blog Entries

Tom: Thanks. Yesterday I took a couple up to the Grey Reef, the gal had never fly fished (she was one of Rose's cancer nurses) and the boyfriend knew very little, but had his own fly rod. I got the boat launched and rods rigged with nymphs and found a spot where I could pull over and teach the gal to let the rig drift to the end of the line, pull up slightly to let the water load and then flip it upstream to do another drift. On the second drift while demonstrating, I hooked into a very nice brown trout (20-21") she fought that fish for 4-5 minutes and finally got it's head out of the water and was sliding it toward the boat when it did a head shake and was gone. The boyfriend wouldn't listen to me, he wanted to cast the triple nymph rig in a +20 mph wind resulting in constant wind knots. He probably lost 10 fish by either not striking early or doing the Bass Master imitiation and trying to pull their lips off. Anyway, late in the float I finally got him to doing a fairly good drift and he hooked and landed that nice rainbow, boy was he excited. Anyway, considering the wind and their first time nymphing it was a good day and maybe I have converted the boyfriend to fly fishing.

Larry
    Larry

6. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    The boyfriend wouldn't listen to me, he wanted to cast the triple nymph rig in a +20 mph wind resulting in constant wind knots. He probably lost 10 fish by either not striking early or doing the Bass Master imitiation and trying to pull their lips off.
    LMAO! I wish I was their to see that.
    -Tom Wilson

7. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

This was the only one caught this morning, If there isn't going to be many, im glad it was a quality fish, Measured 23" and im guessing weighed somewhere in the 4-5lb class.

Picture definitely does not do this fish justice, that fish took me into my backing and put a serious bend in my 6wt.

8. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

bhflyfisher, Very nice healthy and beautiful fish!
    -Tom Wilson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhflyfisher View Post
    This was the only one caught this morning, If there isn't going to be many, im glad it was a quality fish, Measured 23" and im guessing weighed somewhere in the 4-5lb class.

Picture definitely does not do this fish justice, that fish took me into my backing and put a serious bend in my 6wt.
    bhflyfisher: Even though the picture doesn't do the fish justice, if you look carefully you can tell it is a big fish, just look how small the head is compared to the body! Congrats!

Larry
    Larry

10. Likes codym liked this post
    Blog Entries

Here are a few photos of the Rainbows we landed on the Missouri River, MT this past week:

Larry
    Last edited by mcnerney; 05-27-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Larry

Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast