Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2,165
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Larry that is just obscene...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

2. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Wow Larry those are some really beautiful fish!
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Wow! You guys make the 'Bows my buddy and I catch look small!
    Anyways, here are the first Wisconsin Rainbows we caught on the fly.

4. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Pretty suckers aren't they . What did you hook them on?

5. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Those are very pretty and healthy looking fish. Don't worry about the size I had to pay my dues for 25+ years, before ever catching a trout over 15." Besides that in some places a 12" fish is a trophy trout, because it won't support larger fish. The only reason I've gotten to the place where I am tired of catching fish below 15" is that where I fish I know people for whom its common to catch fish bigger than that.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

6. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

[ame]http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/BucksandDucks/18inchRainbow.jpg[/ame]
    There's a Henry's Fork bow.

7. Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

My favorite thing about rainbows is how they jump. They are very talented acrobats. Rainbow Trout | Fly Fishing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishoutdoors View Post
    My favorite thing about rainbows is how they jump. They are very talented acrobats. Rainbow Trout | Fly Fishing
    I have to agree, but if you ever get a chance to fish for Silver Salmon they are even better jumpers.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    I have to agree, but if you ever get a chance to fish for Silver Salmon they are even better jumpers.

Larry
    Kamloops strain bows (strainbows?) seem to fight more out of the water than in. milt.
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish

I was out a couple of days ago at the local pond and managed to finally get a picture with a fish. It is nothing compared to some of the monsters posted here but it is my biggest rainbow on the fly so far...

Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast