Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RTIC Coolers

Default Re: RTIC Coolers

Mainline the blueline

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mcbauer1961 View Post
    Im no legel expert but if they don't have the patent how can they sue. Unless its for bringing to market a cooler that looks exactly like a yeti.

http://austininno.streetwise.co/2016...stin-business/

Also suing Walmart for the Yeti tumbler design.

Me personally, If i knew that walmart would come out with a cup for $10 I would never had paid $40 for a yeti. But I do like my Yeti.

Bob
    In this country, you can sue someone for saying the sky is blue. I think they are just wasting money going after Wally World. They can't outlast them in a long litigation process. They may be able to overwhelm smaller companies, though. You don't have to win to deplete someone else's resources paying legal fees.

4. Likes trs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    Yeah so my engineer lives in Austin which is the home of Yeti I believe , and from what he told me Yeti never patented the technology because it was old technology, so anyone can use it.

Yeti just got to market first and built the market for those things and their brand carries a premium price just no difference in function.

Just what I was told not what I know for sure.
    They made their killing while they could on an unpatented product. Wal-Mart's $10 retail leads me to believe the nearly identical cup can be manufacturered for $5 or so. Yeti is manufacturing for similar cost so no sympathy when they run out of luck on their price gouging strategy. Same with coolers. Their pricing made it very lucrative to compete with them at half their retail price or even less. Yeti will be cheaper very soon.

6. Likes mridenour, mcnerney, trs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    They made their killing while they could on an unpatented product. Wal-Mart's $10 retail leads me to believe the nearly identical cup can be manufacturered for $5 or so. Yeti is manufacturing for similar cost so no sympathy when they run out of luck on their price gouging strategy. Same with coolers. Their pricing made it very lucrative to compete with them at half their retail price or even less. Yeti will be cheaper very soon.
    No doubt about it, Yeti has been price gouging. They had to know the party would be over before long.

If they had charged a fair price in the first place, there would be less profit margin for copycats.

8. Likes mcnerney, ia_trouter liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    Yeah so my engineer lives in Austin which is the home of Yeti I believe , and from what he told me Yeti never patented the technology because it was old technology, so anyone can use it.
    Engel Coolers developed the technology.

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
    Engel Coolers developed the technology.
    Yes, that is the company (Engel), I just couldn't remember the name, but I remembered hearing a podcast where Engel claimed to be first to the market, but obviously Yeti was much better at marketing, hats off to them for pulling it off.
    Larry

Blog Entries

Well with all the RTIC Sales lately I got a RTIC 20 , Camo 30 for a friends Christmas present

We're dong the rtic40 as a marketing product at work so I will get a sample one soon

Now I just need my wife to grasp the concept that they seal tight so if she leaves it unzipped it defeats the purpose
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

13. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Sweet coolers....

Which products are made in the USA?
    If the $10 cool cup is made in China, I will buy the Yeti or whatever is made in USA.

As a country we want to bring manufacturing jobs back to the folks in this country.

Are we willing to pay the increased coasts of That domestic source. I for one am.

Let the made in USA market determine a fair price for the coolers n cups we purchase!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob3700 View Post
    Which products are made in the USA?
    If the $10 cool cup is made in China, I will buy the Yeti made in USA.

The country elected a guy who wants to bring manufacturing jobs back to the folks in this country.

I guess as a country, we need to put our money where our mouth is.

Let the made in USA market determine a fair price for the coolers n cups we purchase!

Bob
    Only SOME of yeti's top of the line coolers are usa made, some in the Philippines. Their "cheaper" coolers, and all cups and drinkware, including that $40 cup, are made in China.

17. Thanks trs thanked for this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast