Solo Pontoon

al_a

Reaction score
You pretty much get what you pay for. Inflatables that cheap are almost invariably made of inferior material, and won't hold up long under heavy use. This might be the exception though, because it appears to be getting excellent reviews on Amazon, so maybe the materials are good enough but the weight, at 71 pounds, is where the "inferiority" comes in. It might be well worth the money.

triggw

Reaction score
The thing is *heavy*. My buddy had one and gave it up after a year or so for something lighter, easier to transport, and get into and out of the water.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Fishcat Cougar, they are the earlier generation of the current Fishcat Panther seen in the link. They are a little lighter and manage that with 4 pontoons.

Weight matters but I've had that one for 11 years and it is good to go. These things can go either way, you could get an affordable pontoon raft and have it last for 20 years or it could be a problem child. Same can happen with the expensive ones but they tend to carry a 5 year guarantee on those pontoons and valves.

One thing I wouldn't do would be mail order one. Look around your area for someone who sells them and will stand behind the product. When I first bought them (I had a larger one also) it was cool to have a raft store to buy from because they really knew the things inside out.

Whatever you buy get a good pump.

trs

Reaction score
youtube has a lot of great videos on that model, with some really good ideas on modifications. I have used one several times, never a problem. A friend has one he uses a 1.5 hp gas motor on and has worked well for over 3 years

Reaction score
I have the Colorado XTS, main difference between mine and the one you are referring to, is mine has a wheel attachment underneath which allows it to be rolled. Mine weighs around 80 lbs., but all you have to do is pull six clevice pins to disassemble. I really like mine and appears to be well made. Once disassembled, it is easy to load or unload.
Hope this helps,
Terry

kevind62

Reaction score
Amazon has a cool yet stupid policy. I bought mine off Amazon. It was on sale at that time for the same price as the posting you have. A couple of weeks after it arrived at my house it listed again on Amazon for $65 cheaper. I asked if they would refund the difference since it was a recent purchase. (here's where it gets interesting.) I have Prime. They said they can't refund the price difference, but I could repack it and return it to them for free. As soon as they received it they would give me a full refund. In the meantime, I could order the new lesser priced one and have it delivered. I didn't have to do anything but pack it back in the box it came in. Amazon created the packing label and sent it to UPS and they came to my door and picked it up. No cost or hastle to me except having to wait another 3 days for delivery of the new new one and repacking the old new one. Then waiting for Amazon to process the refund. That step you have to keep up with. It's supposed to take place in 7 - 10 business days. As soon as the time is up check your account. And check the tracking on the delivery back to them and get the delivery date and info. You'll need to provide them with this because they'll say they haven't received it yet. What really happens is the person at the receiving doc forgot to input it in to the system.

You never know if they'll have another reduction in price so if you're itching to get it I'd order it. Just keep watching it for another reduction. If you luck up like I did and are able to save more jump on it and have fun with the return!! :D

Vpr961

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these affordable pontoons? Very tempting at that price.

Classic Accessories Colorado Inflatable Pontoon Boat With Motor Mount Amazon.com : Classic Accessories Colorado Inflatable Pontoon Boat With Motor Mount : Fishing Boats : Sports & Outdoors
I just got mine and I love it. The only thing I hate is as with any inflatable pontoon it takes forever with a hand pump. I am hoping that someone on here uses an electric air pump (12v preferably) that will inflate it quickly.