Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default SeaEagle Foldcat 375

I have a buddy putting out a good offer on one of these.. I have been wanting to get a kayak or a pontoon boat for some time. Just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts or experience on this that they'd like to share.

Most of the YouTube reviews on this thing are in a lake (w/trolling motor). Not really planning on taking down major rapids, but am curious to know how it handles on rivers.

My buddy's used a couple cheap Classic Accessories pontoon boats on the Guad last year. They handled fine where some others in angler kayaks flipped. I would imagine this handles well hope to get some other opinions before I purchase. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: SeaEagle Foldcat 375

I took a look at the website, they appear to be a normal pontoon raft albeit a bit narrow. I'd think that for drifting rivers one would be just fine. I've owned several larger rafts and figure all you have to do is keep an eye peeled on what's coming downriver. When you see white water you just stroke the raft to shore and go have a look before committing. Plenty times I opted for walking the raft along shore to avoid problems.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors