My driftless trip

smallieman

Reaction score
So here is a tease I will have a full video and slide show up here soon.

[ame]http://youtu.be/bUYJAUeEqik[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysticm

Reaction score
More importantly, is that a South Bend Bamboo that you were fishing? I was thinking of taking one of my Grangers (8.5' OR 8') 5wt when I go there later this month. How did the rod fare in the wind?

smallieman

Reaction score
Its a 6'6 bamboo no name and no one can tell me about it

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Its cast amazing

ted4887

Reaction score
More importantly, is that a South Bend Bamboo that you were fishing? I was thinking of taking one of my Grangers (8.5' OR 8') 5wt when I go there later this month. How did the rod fare in the wind?

One thing that's really nice about many sections of the Driftless is that although it is often windy, it is also very sheltered by valleys heading in different directions. Even if it is really windy, you should never have a problem finding a fishable stream out of the wind. Bring the Boo

itchmesir

Reaction score
Ted is 100% correct... I've been out on days when it's been 20+ mph gusts and could barely tell the wind was blowing...

mysticm

Reaction score
One thing that's really nice about many sections of the Driftless is that although it is often windy, it is also very sheltered by valleys heading in different directions. Even if it is really windy, you should never have a problem finding a fishable stream out of the wind. Bring the Boo
Thanks Ted, Will take the 8 footer then....can't wait to feel the head shake of wild brownie on the rod :)