Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  479
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2017 Driftless Trout Pics and Reports

Quote Originally Posted by k_e_v View Post
    I love Westby. Home of the world famous Bacon happy Hour. Grab a cold beer and help yourself to a plateful of bacon out of a roasting pan
    Westby is a cool town. Westby and Viroqua are the only places I've ever seen a traditional Amish horse and carriage at a drive-up bank ATM.

2. Likes itchmesir liked this post

I love Westby. Home of the world famous Bacon happy Hour. Grab a cold beer and help yourself to a plateful of bacon out of a roasting pan
    Is that a thing at all the bars or just bleachers? I'm not much of a bar guy so bleachers is the only one I've been in. They got a good greasy burger.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Woke up early this morning. Wasn't going to miss out on fishing today. The past week was long. Had to be in early every day this week which hindered my ability to get out and fish prior to work. Decided I would fish new water today. I arrived at the access around 8am... I was the only one... seeing as it was Easter I figured most of the fishermen had prior engagements... The water looked nice but stained from rain over the past couple days. Started out fishing a gold bugger. Lot of short strikes due to the water being off. Later switched to a black articulated streamer and that's when I really started hooking up. I got off the water by 1pm. By the time I got back to my car I'd passed 6 other fishermen and there were 5 more cars in the parking lot. Not much for risers as there wasn't much hatching. Saw a few caddis. Stopped and talked with another angler at a different stream. He too had a good day while fishing San Juan worms.

4. Likes ia_trouter, GrtLksMarlin, ejsell, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

That's some great looking water to do the mini swing in buddy! I'd be plunking those big fat sculpins in those seams

Nice fish for the day,

Ard

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

I just noticed this thread had not been rated! I gave it a vote and think everyone should join in, I check this one frequently.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Likes ia_trouter, itchmesir, mcnerney liked this post

Awesome PICs as usual Eric. I haven't contributed much to this thread but I'll try to get out and chase some stocker bows this week if the bait guys left me a few to catch. They just pound the local streams and early season is tough. Just get ready to hit that like button. Sorry, best I can do for now.

8. Likes itchmesir, mcnerney liked this post

Very nice Eric!

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ard Stetts View Post
    ...I just noticed this thread had not been rated! I gave it a vote and think everyone should join in, I check this one frequently.
    Thanks for the reminder. One of the best threads on the forum. I tried to give Eric some rep too but it said no and accused me of being an Itchmesir fanboy. I guess I have to spread the REP love around to some other people.

11. Likes itchmesir liked this post

Great fish man! I haven't been out much, raining again.

13. Likes itchmesir, mcnerney liked this post

Heading to Westby this weekend, May have to pass on the bacon but definitely trying to find those brookies

15. Likes ia_trouter, itchmesir liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
    Heading to Westby this weekend, May have to pass on the bacon but definitely trying to find those brookies
    There's a gathering at the rod and gun club on Timber Coulee this weekend. If you're looking for like minded fellows or cheap camping. Put on by O'Pros.

17. Likes fishiowa, mcnerney liked this post

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    There's a gathering at the rod and gun club on Timber Coulee this weekend. If you're looking for like minded fellows or cheap camping. Put on by O'Pros.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast