Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  82
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Driftless Gang Get-together, May 2017

We aren't trying to make this hard Itch. To me "Host" means the following.

-start a thread way in advance to find a date. Suggest two dates to get the conversation started maybe?
    -maybe suggest a few hotels so we aren't spread all over. It was highly advantageous we stayed together. And it was fun to hang out.
    -scribble out a map to share with all your secret local spots clearly marked
    -suggest a couple different plans that can adjust if we run into a crowd at the access.

I have ZERO complaints about the Decorah event, but we did have a "polite contest". Nobody wanted to be bossy and there was a time or two it might have been handy if we had a leader.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    But i don't think my neighbors would enjoy Dewayne's jug band jams.
    I am beginning to sense some "Hat Envy" on this thread.

Now I could have taken the d-bag route and bought a genuine kangaroo skin hat. Just an example Rich, I wasn't necessarily referring to your kangaroo skin hat that looks so stylish with your uppity waders and any of 14 high end 4WT rods, so don't be sensitive.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, my awesome hat. Just checked the label. I got it in Anchorage and they have no kangaroos in AK so I'm good there. It's very versatile. Well beyond the obvious that it excels at whiskey makin' and jug band events. In addition to a good fishin hat, so far I have used it on Halloween when I dressed as Freddy Krueger. Next year Jed Clampett perhaps? When I get a horse I'll be able to water him. I wonder how many 24" Driftless brown trout fillets would fit in it? At least a dozen I would think. Perhaps 25 if "Big Fish" Kev is taping the fish.

What a fine hat it is.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Another one of Kent's fish. Jeez, do you take a pic of every fish you ever catch?

That was a joke. I asked him to and I am glad he did because I sure didn't take any. Kent apparently didn't get the memo on the cold front Monday and just caught a few more anyhow. Monday was pretty tough fishing.

It is only by the grace of god that us Cardinal fans are to tolerate the northsiders.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I did not take pics of all my fish, there would have been a bunch more pics!!

3. Likes ia_trouter, mcnerney, Ard, GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kcdeal View Post
    It is only by the grace of god that us Cardinal fans are to tolerate the northsiders.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I did not take pics of all my fish, there would have been a bunch more pics!!
    When one has all the Kodak they get to talk a little trash.

That's cool, I was getting a little tired of watch Itch and Unknown catch all the Driftless fish anyway.

Sorry for the heat on fish handling. I just didn't want to see you get lit up and you were the only one with good PICs buddy. Less than a year ago you bought a $25 trout rod from me and now you are kicking butt with it. I'm very proud of your accomplishments. I don't think you realize decent brookies don't grow on trees this far south. I think Eric and Steve will back me up on that. Your improvement has been beyond amazing. Now stop it or I'm not tying any more flies for you.

5. Likes k_e_v, mcnerney, Ard, itchmesir, GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Default Re: Driftless Gang Get-together, April 2017

Yep damn nice brook trout for sure. Year of the brookie!

7. Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Default Re: Driftless Gang Get-together, April 2017

Quote Originally Posted by unknownflyman View Post
    Yep damn nice brook trout for sure. Year of the brookie!
    I hate to admit it Steve, but I have seen so damn few brookies my first few years on the fly that I have to stare at them a minute before I say something stupid like "is that an odd patterned/colored brown"? I'm used to seeing a couple skinny 10s all season and they clearly came off the stock truck. Overall, Iowa water is absolutely not as good as WI and MN, but our DNR does a pretty good job with the water we have that can self sustain to some degree.

9. Likes Ard, GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by k_e_v View Post

Does anyone else when your mouse cursor passes over the above photo, suddenly have banjo music start playing out of your speakers? Odd.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
    ----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
    ---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtLksMarlin View Post
    Does anyone else when your mouse cursor passes over the above photo, suddenly have banjo music start playing out of your speakers? Odd.

B.E.F.
    Come on out sometime and maybe Kent and I will take ya "fishin". I think we may have Deliverance on VHS.

12. Likes kentuckysteve, mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin liked this post
  13. Default Re: Driftless Gang Get-together, April 2017

Looks like fun! Hope to see info of an event in 2018!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12