Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fishing Driftless in April

how did you do?

2. Likes psishapiro liked this post

[QUOTE=Redbrook;1074032]Dear people of the Driftless,

My brother and I live in western Michigan and are contemplating a fishing trip for a long weekend in April. We love fishing in Michigan but are thinking about making a run to the Driftless. Is April a good time to fish there? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. May and June are already booked up with fishing trips and a new grandson scheduled to make his appearance.

Thanks,
    Craig[/QUOTE The driftless area of WI, MN,and iowa is a great place to fish anytime. There is a fly shop in Viroqua WI that can help you with places to check out. There is no secret spot but many streams that are full of trout. It is a beautiful area to fish and just be. Hope you have a great trip. I love going there as many times as i can sneak away from the day to day.

We moved our trip from Viroqua down to Frennimore per a discussion with Rich. With all the snow coming in he felt the streams further south would be more fishable. Drove over on Wednesday and soon as we hit the Wisconsin line we ran into a snow storm. Long story short we fished Thursday on our own and each picked up a couple of brownies on dries. Wow, couldn't believe the amount of streams to fish within 20 minutes of our hotel. Friday with with Rich and my brother and I each nymphed up a few fish. Rich was great, provided lots of information and instruction. The nymphing up stream with an indicator was new for us and he showed us how to make it work. We learned a lot, caught some fish and are talking about when we can head back!

5. Likes psishapiro liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123