Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: license ontario

  1. Default license ontario

    when i come over from UK i need an outdoor card and an Ontario license....$57 in all. Are they freely availble to buy, like at post offices? Or do fishing tackle shops sell them? Or would i be better getting one online before i come over?
    Cheers, Keith.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Blog Entries

    Default Re: license ontario

    Hi keith,

    I can not offer any insight into licensing in Ontario and am not sure of how many active members we have in that Province. Your best bet will be to research using the internet prior to your trip.

    Good luck,


    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  3. #3

    Default Re: license ontario

    Non-Canadian residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are 18 years of age and over. (NOTE: Non-residents 65 years of age or older are not exempt from requiring a licence). The sportfishing licence tag (one year, three year or 8 day) or the conservation fishing licence tag (one year, three year or 8 day) accompanies the plastic Outdoors Card.

    If you have never had an Outdoors Card, you can purchase a Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Outdoors Card and fishing license tag online or from selected licence issuers or ServiceOntario centres across the province. The Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Outdoors Card does not include the fishing licence tag. The fishing licence tag will be a separate paper permit.

    The temporary Outdoors Card and paper licence tag are effective immediately. Your plastic Outdoors Card will be mailed to you automatically, and is valid for three calendar years (including the year of purchase).

    Non-Canadian resident hunters can also fish under the authority of their Outdoor Card (hunting version) with the appropriate fishing licence tag.

    You can also get more information on the Outdoors Card by calling the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011. This toll-free number works from all of North America, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

Similar Threads

  1. Hi from Ontario
    By caspersphilly in forum Ladies Fly Fishing Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 12:54 PM
  2. Hello from Trenton, Ontario!
    By mvarley84 in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. Fly Fishing Line Art License Plate
    By Ebay USA in forum Lines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
  4. Fly Fishing Line Art License Plate
    By Ebay USA in forum Lines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM
  5. Virginia License
    By dossphoto in forum Mid-Atlantic Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts