not fly fishing but a Great lodge and great fishing

flyfishmich

Reaction score
Back in July I had a great opportunity to go with my Father in Law on a great trip.

I flew from Traverse City, MI to Minniapolis where we met up with he and his crew of a few more fellas. We flew from there to Winnipeg. Stayed the night in Winnipeg. At 8 the next morning we got a shuttle to the float plane-about an hour and a half into Ontario. Then we hopped a 45 minute float plane ride to the lodge on Tetu Lake. The Tetu Island Lodge was our home for the next few nights.

They had boats, guides and a great lodge for Our breakfasts and dinners and generous poor cocktails. No cell reception, tv if you wanted it but great convorsation and fishing stories. In all there were 40 people but our group had 7.

We fished for our lunch everyday. 4 walleye per boat then we would meet up on the shore somewhere and the guides cooked up the fresh walleye-AWESOME. Stuffed we would head back out.

They would ask what we wanted to fish for. I said trophies. I have smallmouth bass here in Lake MI so that meant Pike.

Over the 3 and half days we wrangled almost 150 fish. Mostly the 18-26" variety. These weren't the sit on the bottom and hold in the mud type of pike-these were the "If I see the jerk holding the rod I am going to slap him in the face" fighting pike. Heavy head shaking and running in the other direction pike.

Fun stuff. After throwing spoons I asked if they allow fly rods-they said they get a few every year but they have to provide their own stuff. So, I know that for next time.

Here's a few pics of the trip. Our dinners consisted of 5 course meals. Steak/lobster, ribs, salmon, filet....ugh. I gained a few while there.

Float Plane

from the sky

not all of them were monsters

Nice spot

We had a few doubles on the day

[/IMG]

The release
[/IMG]

36.5"

39.5" 25#

Sunrise

Last edited: