Drive in Algoma district lodge/cabin rental info?

fishmandoug

Reaction score
It is getting to be that time when I start planning the vacation. This year I would like to get up to the Algoma district. I would like to rent a cabin for a week and do a little lake smallmouth fishing, but possibly have access via a short drive to some river brook trout fishing.

Has anyone been to this area before? Any recommendations on lakes/lodges? I would like to keep this as a drive-in trip and tow my boat.

I am planning on visiting my local all canada show when it happens in jan. and have checked out the algoma area drive in web listings. I was just looking to see if anyone had first hand experience with anything in the area.

Thanks much.

ericakevin1

Reaction score
Cabin rental information will go up close Blue Ridge cabin the most recent week of February. Generally vacation later in the day (when it is much more cabin) so thought about whether anybody has suggestion of outing quarter or where I could rent lodge on cabin around there..

shadowmagoo

Reaction score
We have started to get the May Fly hatch up here at Happy Camp Ontario, which is located south of Highway 11 west of Hearst about 2 hours. This week we have caught speckles up to 15 inches as well as very good walleye, northern and perch fishing on our local lake. There are numerous lakes and rivers to adventure including the Pagwa, Oswain, Skunk and White Otter that all hold trout. Additionally, Hearst Air who has the Sutton River trip is close by, so if you are looking for a trip or advice shoot me an email at getthenet@wi-net.com
Thanks and take care.