Guiding services help

andz

Reaction score
Hello guys,

A friend of mine will be travelling to Montreal this summer. He wants to go fly fishing in Canada, maybe even take a few days guided trip. He would like to know what resources to access - websites for guides, lodges, rivers for Montreal area and the region around.

Also, what species could he mostly fish for while there? In here he fishes for trout, grayling and chub with no more than 4 wt. gear. He would like to prepare for the trip...

Thank you for your help in advance.

ontariobugchucker

Reaction score
Hey there,
I see this post is a few months old, but if your friend hasn't left for Canada yet there is a lot of great fishing in the montreal area! If he is used to trout fishing and looking for a lodge you are very close to a place called Kenauk Nature reserve. It's an Orvis endorsed still water fly fishing lodge. Rainbows,brookies and lakers. Great fishing/ accommodations and reasonable prices. If he wants to go fishing by himself head down a little south of the city to the Chateaugay river. This river is a pretty well known trout stream on the NY side but the Quebec fishing can be really good to. It is a fairly shallow freestone stream with big spooky browns. The options for warmwater fishing are also just endless. If I'm not to late feel free to ask me anything else!