Good day Canadian Fly Fishers

Ontarioflyguy

Reaction score
I'm back as I was on here previously as Ontariooutddoorsman. Hope we can get some more action in the Canadian section of this forum as it looks quiet and cannot find a good Canadian f
Forum elsewhere.

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
Thank for teaching out to the community! I am fishing out of Ottawa and am looking forward to learning about this region. Perhaps Algonquin Park, or Mont Tremblant, and of course some areas in the Ottawa and its tributaries may be hiding browns. I also fish in the Adirondacks a lot when there with family.

huronfly

Reaction score
Hey good to have a few other Ontarians here. This site is very American as I'm sure you've noticed! What areas do you normally fish?

Ontarioflyguy

Reaction score
It may be but we need some Canadian relevant content so....lets be pro active and get some Canadians involved.

This is an American site and bless them for it as when i searched for Canadian fly fishing forums the options were....virtually non existent

Besides...fly fishing crosses all nations and boundaries..... Its a passion that refuses to be subside.

Ontarioflyguy

Reaction score
Thank for teaching out to the community! I am fishing out of Ottawa and am looking forward to learning about this region. Perhaps Algonquin Park, or Mont Tremblant, and of course some areas in the Ottawa and its tributaries may be hiding browns. I also fish in the Adirondacks a lot when there with family.
Hey if your from the Ottawa area forget about the Browns....your close to the best Speckled Trout fishing in Ontario. From you to Mattawa or over to Eganville and North....Your in a great area if you don't mind a drive. I grew up in Mattawa and learned to fish speckles and casted my first fly there....it was a fly cast on a 6 foot spinning rod but a trout hit it and I was hooked lol

Algonquin is just world class but you better learn how to lake fish in early spring just after ice out when the lake "changes". There are rivers throughout Algonquin that hold good trout all year but the locals are VERY tight lipped about the spots to fish...who wouldn't when you can catch up to 7lb speckles....

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
Well I have to look into Algonquin Park, and Eganville is a nice drive. Let share info and knowledge as the season progresses!

There was an Ottawa Brown Trout stocking program, and they may be found in the Deschenes Rapids but they might have just fed the Muskies. Maybe fly for Muskies then?

Ontarioflyguy

Reaction score
Well I have to look into Algonquin Park, and Eganville is a nice drive. Let share info and knowledge as the season progresses!

There was an Ottawa Brown Trout stocking program, and they may be found in the Deschenes Rapids but they might have just fed the Muskies. Maybe fly for Muskies then?
Well fly fishing Muskie is not for the faint of heart. I'm not apposed to it but my father in law is a die hard Muskie guy...not fly fishing but regular tackle. A plus 50" Muskie would be a hell of a challenge on a fly rod ulnes you had a freind fishing with you to help land...would be fun though.

As a lad, at a creek flowing into the Ottawa River, I caught a a 8lb Pike that had a barely decaed 13" Spleckled trout in its belly.

There are areas that hold trout in the Ottawa river...would love to find some more.

Algonquin is just pure heaven if you hit it right for a fly rod. Defiantly keep in touch with updates.

Masteri

Reaction score
Hi everybody !

I am Canadian from Matane Québec , many Salmon rivers all around , Matane ,Matapédia , Mitis , St - Anne river if you are salmon fishermen and you want try our salmon river Welcome to Québec Province

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
Hi everybody !

I am Canadian from Matane Québec , many Salmon rivers all around , Matane ,Matapédia , Mitis , St - Anne river if you are salmon fishermen and you want try our salmon river Welcome to Québec Province
Excellent to know, hardly a day's drive from Montreal or Boston. Lots do do up there!