Fly Fishing Lake Massawippi

shallowfly

Reaction score
Hello to all first time on the forum. I am from Florida and will be visiting on vacation the begining of June staying on Lake Massawippi. I will have access to a Canoe and would like to fly fish when not spending time with the family.

I usually travel with a 3 wt and 6 wt but after reading about the Pike wonder if I should swap the 9 wt for the 3 wt even though it is more difficult to travel with because its a 4 piece.

Anyway, in short I am looking for your suggestions on what to fish for and what flies you recomend. I heard Bass will be closed that time of the year so what would be fun to target.

Also if anyone will be visiting Florida and would like to ask some questions please ask away.......

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum man. If bass are closed and you'll be going after pike and bream I would do the 9wt and the 3wt. The 9 will handle the pike and carp if you have the chance the the 3wt will make the bream fun as heck.
Bear

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Big bunny leeches and decievers and poppers in yellow, white, black/white, red/yellow things like that. Check out Cabelas.com and go to flies then warm water flies, that will give you a good idea.
Bear