Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Default Re: This is worth a look!

When I find someone that has worked hard and produced something of value.....
    I tend to spend.....

Jim

the old addage "to good to be true" immediately comes to mind here...when I first saw the video links I was as most were...amazed at the detail of the content...

then after asking for permission to share the link finding out how these were "bootlegs" from Mr.Cutter himself after emailing him, made me realize that I should have known better...no way unless there are endorsements or ads of some sort would this be on the internet...plus the lack credits...thats what first got me curious...

all this is rampant on the net...not only "knock off" videos, but fake classic bamboo fly rods, collectible items etc...the nastiness of the world has found its way into our "world of angling"...

YouTube, Face Book, EBay and similar are basically "the wild west"...things dont get pulled unless there are major complaints...the responsibility of "doing the right thing" seems to fall on us...the general public...fraud eventually affects everyone...and the person that thinks its just some good deal etc is very deceived...its really buying stolen property...plain and simple.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
    public water 20"er
    public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
    a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
    ...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
    http://wmflyrodco.com/

3. Likes jbird, mcnerney liked this post

After further consideration, I have removed the video in respect for Ralph Cutter. My apologies for broadcasting this pirated piece of your amazing work Ralph.
    Hand crafted wood fly boxes.

5. Likes mcnerney, silvertip8k liked this post

Honest mistake Mr JBird...we all take it for granted a lot of times that everyone plays by the rules...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
    public water 20"er
    public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
    a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
    ...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
    http://wmflyrodco.com/

7. Likes jbird liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123