Bug pics thread

Reaction score
what types of invertebrate critters do you see while fishing?

Cheers

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
A Morman Cricket that hitched a ride as I was walking across the valley to reach the Lamar river last August:

A Mayfly on the Henry's Fork in Sept a couple years ago.

A Cicada that landed on my shirt sleeve while I was taking a break eating lunch on the Green river a few years ago.

dean_mt

Reaction score
Last summer I stayed at Flathead Lake one night. The motel was crawling with these in the morning...sure looked like Hexagenia mayflies to me.

ponycarman

Reaction score
I am not a insect expert. What is this fly? There were many of them at the stream last weekend. I probably should know the name. I feel stupid asking lol.

ponycarman

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Rip tide! This is going to be my first spring as a fly fisherman. Lots of new stuff to learn this season.

4peace1piece

Reaction score
Whenever I go fishing, I think of as a two part photography opportunity consisting of the land, and then the wildlife (which includes the fish, the animals, and...the bugs).

I'm interested if anyone can improve my assessment of the first five, or help me identify the last three?

Caddis in case? This was shot underwater:

Salmon Fly:

2 variations of the spotted tussock moth caterpillar:

Dragon fly case:

Unknown spider:

Unknown (and out of focus) bug. I know it looks like a stink bug, but I thought it was larger and had these super strong bright blue legs holding on to my tangled line:

Unknown wasp: