View RSS Feed

Davo's Fly Angling Adventures

The End Of The Season

Rate this Entry
Well every season must come to an end. For me the end is in November when I make my Way to Key Largo. I head down to spend Thanksgiving visiting family and get in a couple of days fishing weather permitting. This the fly fishing was unproductive. We did have some shots at Red fish and Baby Tarpon but did not manage to get hooked up. It was great fun just the same.
The best fun was had taking the nieces and nephew out grunt fishing as they call it in Key Largo. Armed with 50 shrimp and a bag of chum we went out and anchored up in a creek. Then we broke out the rods and started baiting up.
Through the ensuing mayhem of keeping every ones hook bait and releasing fish we managed to get just a little bit on film. All together the kids brought 52 fish to the boat in about 2 hours. It turned out to be the best day of the week for all involved.
I am anxiously awaiting every one finally make the trek to Jackson Hole this summer. It will be their first time here. They all made me promise to teach them how to fly fish just like Pop Pop and Dad. I'm really looking forward to taking them all out for a fly fishing float trip on the Snake River.
Here is the short film clip of the kids Grunt fishing last November.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn7Or9QArLg"]YouTube - Kids Day November 2010[/ame]
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Davo: Sounds like you had a great trip south despite the lack of Tarpon. Getting kids interested in fishing is always fun and to get them into 52 fish in 2 hours just makes it all the better. I bet their all excited about getting to fly fish in Jackson Hole, WY!

Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney
    Davo: Sounds like you had a great trip south despite the lack of Tarpon. Getting kids interested in fishing is always fun and to get them into 52 fish in 2 hours just makes it all the better. I bet their all excited about getting to fly fish in Jackson Hole, WY!

Larry
    Larry

It's always fun getting to see family on my fishing trips. LOL. The kids had the time of their life wearing the grown ups out. The grown ups were glad when the bait ran out.

I'm not sure who is more excited about their trip to Jackson, Me or them. It will be a lot of fun!!