Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About Buying Flies Online - By Steve Clark

1. Default Re: About Buying Flies Online - By Steve Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Bones View Post
    [IMG2="left"]http://www.blueflycafe.com/3597/images/BF-Header-Logo.gif[/IMG2] I presently purchase 90% of my flies from the Blue Fly Cafe at www.blueflycafe.com
    Where do you get your flies???[/color]
    I have heard great things about bluefly cafe. Personally I get my flies from
    The Big Y company In Maupin Oregon.
    beadhead copper johns are 52 cents
    beadhead kaufmanns stone is 62 cents
    Klinkhammer bwo 52 cents
    and they have epoxy jansens rainbow and brown minnow for 67 cents

Best yet their is no shipping on orders over $30 and you get %5 of your purchase back.

2. Default Re: About Buying Flies Online - By Steve Clark

I am new to fly fishing n buy most of my flies online and luckily i found a really good site to buy flies i.e. The Angler's Dream Fly Shop i dont know for sure about the quality yet, bought like a couple of dozen before were good so ordered more havent arrived yet, but prices are just amazing you guys should check that out .

Default Re: About Buying Flies Online - By Steve Clark

I'm a fan of the FLY STOP. good prices, nice products and over the top customer service...ie: I asked about a fly I wanted for a trip to Tennessee that was out of stock...he expedited the restock order to get me that particular fly...to me that is SERVICE

I have really good luck with Big Y Fly Company. They give 10% back into your account when it hits 10 dollars its 10 off your next order. Flies are great and in the 50-65 cent range.
    Bill

5. Likes allen1958 liked this post

I just received my customize flies. I found a source on line, this person ties flies as additional income. I needed flies which works in South Plate river in Colorado. I send the list to this person and asked if he can tie these, sure he did. All the flies are in size 20 and 22.

He charged me $ 8.00 dozen, mix and match, and $ 1.00 shipping, this is reasonable deal. The flies’ looks great and I got exactly what I was looking for.

I only purchased 2 doze flies but after seeing the quality I will be ordering more flies soon. I am elated that these flies are American Made.

I also ties flies but on larger sizes. For few years I was looking for a Fly- tier, who can make custom orders and ship. There is convenience when they are delivered at door. This person is the answer.

I like to support local fly shops unfortunately they are far from my house. Also flies they stock are imported from Asian countries.

I am not promoting this person on this forum; honestly I did not know the person a week ago. If anyone wants his contact info, please send me a PM.

7. Default Re: About Buying Flies Online - By Steve Clark

(Not-so) PerfectFlyStore.com

Just thought I would pass this info along. Had an interesting and disappointing interaction with James Marsh, the owner of PerfectFlyStore.com. Apparently, he's some sort of self proclaimed "legend" of the Fly Fishing world.

www.facebook.com/perfectflies

I had no idea and stumbled upon the store during a Google search for local Pennsylvania Fly Shops looking to see what they had in stock for my trip.

Well, here is the conversation - as well as the threats he made - you decide whether or not you want to shop there:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:17 AM
    To: Jeramy Miesch
    Subject: Re: Fly selection

You give me your home address and I will show you have f**k**g fast word spreads you low life ******* and because I know you won't, it is good to know you will be at the Jeep event.

Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:08 AM
    Subject: RE: Fly selection

Wow. Well, word of mouth spreads fast.

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 11:26 PM

I am rather let someone know when they insulted me, than to take a few dollars from the Sir. I don't need you money or for you to tell me how to run my d**n business.

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:20 PM

A simple, “yes, those are the exact photos of the flies we sell”, would have sufficed and earned you my business.

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:19 PM

No, we are in business to just fake everyone off.
    We are national, but we are the only ones that has actually taken samples of all the aquatic insects in these streams with professional entomology equipment and base fly suggestions on what is most plentiful and available food at the time. We are also the only company in the World that has specific imitations of all major aquatic insects in all stages of life.

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:02 PM

Are the images on the pages accurate to the quality of flies you get when you purchase? These things are amazing… Also just realized you are a national business, not a local shop - my appologies.

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:35 PM

Thanks for writing us Mr. Miesch. Here are my recommendations for flies at that time frame;
    Little Yellow Stoneflies: 16 Perfect Fly's Yellow Sally Stonefly Used Fly Fishing For Trout
    nymphs
    adults

Slate Drakes: 10/12 Fishing the Perfect Fly Slate Drake
    nymphs
    spinners

Green Sedges (caddis): 14 Perfect Fly's Green Caddisfly and Rock Worm for Trout Fishing
    larva (green rock worm)
    pupa
    adult

Cinnamon Sedge (caddis) 18 Caddisflies: Cinnamon Caddisfly (Sedge)
    larva
    pupa
    adults

Light Cahills: 16 Perfect Fly's Light Cahill Trout Flies
    nymphs
    emergers (only if you are use to fishing emergers, otherwise just fish the duns)
    duns
    spinners (if you fish near dark)

Eastern Pale Evening Duns: 14 Perfect Fly Eastern Pale Evening Dun Used Fly Fishing for Trout
    nymphs
    emergers (only if you are use to fishing emergers, otherwise just fish the duns)
    duns
    spinners (if you fish near dark)

Scuds: 14 Perfect Fly Still Water and Miscellaneous Trout Flies

Olive Matuka Sculpin: 4/6 Streamer Flies for Trout, Bass and Other Secies of Fish

You may also need some of the following items:
    Leaders: "Perfect Fly" Fly Fishing Leaders
    Tippet: Fly Fishing Using Perfect Fly's PerfectFlex Tippet
    Strike Indicators: "Perfect Fly" Fly Fishing Accessories - K.I.S.S. Strike Indicators
    Fly Floatants: Fly Floatants
    Fly Boxes: Perfect Fly Fly Boxes
    Fly Lines: Fly Lines and Fly Line Backing
    We also have fly rods, fly reels, fly vest and backpacks, landing nets, all kinds of fly fishing tools and accessories. The Perfect Fly Store - the World's Best Flies
    Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 9:33 PM
    Subject: Fly selection

Hi guys,

My wife and I will both be down for the Bantam Jeep Festival on the 10th through the 17th. Wondering if I could get your recommendations for flies? I have most everything for Michigan, Tennessee, and Colorado. Any specials I need to add? …and will you guys have a decent stock of flies by then? (We tend to get cleaned out up here around that time of year.)

Also looking for info on the east branch of the Clarion – heard a few tales out of there… We’ll also be canoeing the Clarion later in the week.

Thanks in advance!

Jeramy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123