Camera discussion

lanej23

Reaction score
Was wondering what others used as an on-river camera. I love my Nikon d3200 but wouldn't dare bringing it on the water. My phone takes awful photos, but I know iPhone 6 has an excellent camera. Possibly looking for something portable that could take nice pictures with maybe a waterproof case. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

J

james w 3 3

I take my DSLR on the water with me, it's useless sitting at home. I bought a dry bag at REI and put my cased camera in that. Superb protection, and with a couple repetitions I got pretty quick at deployment.
Of course, I don't stress a fish by jimmyjacking around with a camera getting a photo before release . . . and the landscape type shots I like most don't get away very quickly. :wink:

346xp

Reaction score
I phone, my wife used a D 7100 with a big 90 mm lense
I have a new Canon T5 that I keep in my truck.

I phone 6s does really well, it stays zipped in he high inside pocket of my waders, I am not brave enough to snap it to a strap, but it would be quicker.

I want someone to follow me around and tell me how to pose, my fish all look small in pictures.

lacanadio

Reaction score
I was at a conference and at the end, they drew for prizes for the attendees that were left. One of them was a Panasonic Lumix TS-25. I told my colleague "I'm going to win that" and lo and behold, I did. It's waterproof and it's what I use on and in the water.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Features of numerous models of waterproof pocket cameras are compared here: The best cameras

You may disagree with the rankings if you weigh the individual features differently than the website does, but it's a useful side-by-side comparison of some of the most popular models.

I've got my eye on the Nikon AW130. If you're leaning toward an Olympus, the new TG-870 is scheduled to debut on March 27, so you can wait until then for the latest and greatest, or you can shop around for a great closeout deal on the current TG-860.

Another recent (and longer) thread from our own forum is here: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...-waterproof-cameras-long-distance-photos.html

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I have a Pentax Optio as well although I'm sure that it's of an older generation then planettrout's
I bartered for it with a wool jacket that didn't fit as well as it used to :rolleyes:.
So essentially, although previously owned it was free

mowingman_13

Reaction score
I use my Gopro Hero 4 Silver out on the stream, it takes great photos and videos above and below the water. I don't dare take my canon t5 near the water