The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Everything Else Articles on casting, techniques and anything else you can think of.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 PM

think trout is a jewel in the roughthink trout is a jewel in the roughthink trout is a jewel in the roughthink trout is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Waist pack and landing nets

The net is 35' long with a 15" handle.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

Quote:
Originally Posted by think trout View Post
I'd just slip that through the packs belt and get used to carrying it that way. Whatever you do if you get into the habit of laying it on shore don't forget it and wander off. I've had to backtrack for mine many times.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-24-2017, 07:36 AM

brook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud ofbrook rookie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by think trout View Post

I know it was inadvertent, but envisioning your net gave me a chuckle.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:08 PM

jonbo is a jewel in the roughjonbo is a jewel in the roughjonbo is a jewel in the rough

I think another fisherman posted about what I'm going to suggest, but here goes. Get a net magnet. They're really strong. They cost about $15. It's in 2 pieces. the two magnets grab each other. One magnet with clip clips to a loop on your belt where It's okay with you to have the net hang. The other piece has a key ring. If not, put one on it. This one you attach to the net at the point where the net meets the handle. Now when you want to hang the net to the magnet I assume is usually behind you, you, with some practice, hold it back there till the magnets grab each other. Now the net part will hang from your waist downward while the handle sticks upward from your waist. Your net should also come with a decently long elastic lanyard. the end to this should clip to a loop more or less next to where your pack magnet dangles. Occasionally your net's magnet will pull loose from the pack's magnet. The lanyard keeps you from losing your net when that happens. The magnetic system, I think, was made for hanging a net on the back of a vest, but it adapts quite nicely to a fanny pack (as long as said fanny pack has belt loops in convenient spots as mine did, I suppose.)
Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 PM

just4grins is on a distinguished road

I have the Fishpond El Jefe net here's my setup: wading belt, Gear Keeper with 2" clip on the
gear keeper (42" reach) attached to wading belt with a black wire tie (175lb) attached to the snap clip of the Gear Keeper ring just above the handle where the net starts, to the net frame only and trim the wire tie close. The net stays on my left side along side the back of my left leg. When fighting a fish, i disengage the lock on the side and push the net out toward the fish leading it into the net. Bingo smooth as silk, doesn't interfere with walking or anything, and the net can't float away.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 PM

el jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant futureel jefe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4grins View Post
I have the Fishpond El Jefe net here's my setup: wading belt, Gear Keeper with 2" clip on the
gear keeper (42" reach) attached to wading belt with a black wire tie (175lb) attached to the snap clip of the Gear Keeper ring just above the handle where the net starts, to the net frame only and trim the wire tie close. The net stays on my left side along side the back of my left leg. When fighting a fish, i disengage the lock on the side and push the net out toward the fish leading it into the net. Bingo smooth as silk, doesn't interfere with walking or anything, and the net can't float away.
I should've gotten that net...
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes lacanadio, just4grins liked this post