Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  115
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

Quote Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
    I don't think there is a CGR II. I think it was a mixup with the new 2wt they added. I can't find any info on the version "II". Am I missing something?
    I don't know if they are officially calling them the "CGR II" but that is exactly how they labeled them in the store. I compared the new CGR with the old ones in the store. I couldn't tell any difference in the action but without fishing them I probably couldn't say for sure. The color is a slightly different shade of green, not very noticeable, and the hardware is a sort of gold color rather than silver. I did notice a difference in the size of the tip tops though, the newer rod had a larger one.

2. Likes ts47, trout trekker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by teledan View Post
    I don't know if they are officially calling them the "CGR II" but that is exactly how they labeled them in the store. I compared the new CGR with the old ones in the store. I couldn't tell any difference in the action but without fishing them I probably couldn't say for sure. The color is a slightly different shade of green, not very noticeable, and the hardware is a sort of gold color rather than silver. I did notice a difference in the size of the tip tops though, the newer rod had a larger one.
    Interesting... I'll have to look at mine when they arrive.

I'm really looking forward to fishing some heavier glass. It will be a fun experiment. And at $59 a pop, a really inexpensive one too.
    Todd

"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ~ Doug Larson

Maybe I should clarify, when I say that is how they labeled them I was referring to the price tag that is attached to the rod. Sorry if my previous post was not clear.

bought the 6'2" 2 wt today. Cant wait to hit some native brookies in WV soon. thanks for the heads up on the sale
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

Maybe I should clarify, when I say that is how they labeled them I was referring to the price tag that is attached to the rod. Sorry if my previous post was not clear.
    No worries one way or the other... I'll check mine out when they arrive. I'm sure they will be fun either way.
    Todd

"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ~ Doug Larson

Right you are, my 676-3 rolled in yesterday afternoon and it's tagged CGR II and the reel seat hardware is gold tone, sort of like their LSi's. Wondering which had a higher price, the overly embroidered rod case or the blank. That's not a knock on the blank, just an observation based on researching the soft goods industry.

Dave

8. Likes ts47 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
    Right you are, my 676-3 rolled in yesterday afternoon and it's tagged CGR II and the reel seat hardware is gold tone, sort of like their LSi's. Wondering which had a higher price, the overly embroidered rod case or the blank. That's not a knock on the blank, just an observation based on researching the soft goods industry.

Dave
    Mine are this way too - the 4, 5, 5/6 and 7/8. The 7/8 has a silver reel seat though.
    Todd

~ Doug Larson

10. Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

A coworker of mine in the field in Louisiana just picked up a 3WT and 4WT CGR for $32 each in the bargain cave at the Cabela's in Gonzales, LA. Got 2 CGR reels for $29 each. Bought me a Redington Zero in 4,5 for $45.

For those who have fished both, how do the Cabelas CGR and Prime rods compare?

12. Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

And I would love to hear a good report on the 5'9" 3 WT

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast