Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  133
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

Quote Originally Posted by notenuftoys View Post
    I'd love to, but add on new reels and line and cash just isn't that free right now. The smallest rod I have now is a 4wt, so I don't have a reel & line I can repurpose for this rod.

I'm leaning towards the 3wt. In some of the creeks around here panfish are prevalent, but the occasional LMB will bite too. Even caught a catfish who ate the small panfish I just hooked.

So, 3wt CGR with a Redington Zero reel and DT line. Any good inexpensive DT line y'all would recommend?
    See if Cabela's has their better lines in DT. Prestige Premiere Plus or something like that. It's on sale half the time. Don't buy a $20 (regular priced) line if you can possibly avoid it. Been there and done that. The extra $15 or 20 spent is so worth it. That was probably confusing. Don't pay regular price for a Cabela's line, They are on sale often. There are a lot of $20 lines on the market and the one's I tried were trash.

And I would get the three weight rod. My 4WT will cast a 3WT DT line so sweet so don't buy a 1/2 size heavy line IMO. I consider my 4WT a heavy 3WT in reality.

2. Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

I'd love to, but add on new reels and line and cash just isn't that free right now. The smallest rod I have now is a 4wt, so I don't have a reel & line I can repurpose for this rod.

I'm leaning towards the 3wt. In some of the creeks around here panfish are prevalent, but the occasional LMB will bite too. Even caught a catfish who ate the small panfish I just hooked.

So, 3wt CGR with a Redington Zero reel and DT line. Any good inexpensive DT line y'all would recommend?
    Zero is a pretty good reel for the small cgrs. Like IA said, the cabela's dt lines are great. I think I paid around $15 for mine. Bonus is the 2wt will throw the 3wt dt just fine as well if you wanted to try the different lengths.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

3. Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    See if Cabela's has their better lines in DT. Prestige Premiere Plus or something like that. It's on sale half the time. Don't buy a $20 (regular priced) line if you can possibly avoid it. Been there and done that. The extra $15 or 20 spent is so worth it. That was probably confusing. Don't pay regular price for a Cabela's line, They are on sale often. There are a lot of $20 lines on the market and the one's I tried were trash.

And I would get the three weight rod. My 4WT will cast a 3WT DT line so sweet so don't buy a 1/2 size heavy line IMO. I consider my 4WT a heavy 3WT in reality.
    I don't see any Cabela's DT lines on sale. In fact, I don't see any DT lines from Cabela's.

Any opinions of Scientific Angler Frequency product? Their DT line is $50.

Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

I don't see any Cabela's DT lines on sale. In fact, I don't see any DT lines from Cabela's.

I haven't used it. It's probably very decent at that price point but I am guessing. The only DT I have is Scientific Angler Mastery Trout. It's my favorite fly line but it's expensive. If you start a thread I am certain you'll get some recommendations.

5. Default Re: Cabelas CGR Fiberglass Rods

This isn't bad either:
    White River Fly Shop Classic Small Stream Fly Line | Bass Pro Shops

Rio Mainstream is more expensive, but probably a good option too.
    RIO Mainstream Trout Double Taper Fly Line | Bass Pro Shops

6. Likes kentuckysteve liked this post
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526