Hi from Spain

joselu

Reaction score
Hi from Spain.
I am a fly fisher of 50 years old.
I have reading this fly fishing forum about 7 years.
I don't write in this forum because my English is not good, but I like very much to read opinions and post.
Now I am fly fishing with a Epic 580 fly rod, and I have bought two new fly fiberglass fly rod to Shan de Graywolf: a 7,2 3weight with a Barclay blank and Epic 686...
This forum is very good, but I know that there is another forum where all posts are about fiberglass fly rod: Fiberglass Flyrodders • Index

I want to register in this fly fiberglass fly forum, but I am having problems to do it. I have sent mi register in this forum in March but my account is inactive, and I don't know the problem.
I sent some email to jgestar@fiberglassflyrodders.org but they are returned by error.
Perhaps any member of this forum is too user in fiberglassflyrodders and you can help me. Perhaps any can speak with jgestar and to look for my problem.
I will be very grateful.
Best regards from Spain. And of course I will reading this forum too¡!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Not to worry about your 'English,' its better than a few folks I know who were born here.:D The poster here ... http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46884 ..appears to be 'your guy' for contact. Not to worry if no instant reply as this is a pretty small board so no idea how often he reads his PM's/E-mails.

But as to 'glass rods' I LOVE THEM! Feel free to post up questions you may have here, suspect you'll get a load of response.

fae

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Joselu
Welcome to the forum!
My friend Rod (aka rodneybo) is also a member of the Fiberglass Fly Rodders, I'll ask him if he can help. Rod loves glass fly rods.

joselu

Reaction score
Thanks for his kind words.

Of course I will continue in this forum, and if you understand my bad English to me I will be very glad to take part in the forum. I live and fishing in Caceres, Spain. Principally barbels, carps, bass and also trout, but here the trout is very small. Now I have begun going fishing with glass rod. My rod preferred for barbels and carps is now my Epic 580. It is a rod build for me by Sandy Nelson, of England.

Of course if some of you was traveling some day to my city, or fence, I would be pleased of accompanying him to my best fishing places and treating him like a good friend. Please, not to make a mistake. I am neither guide of fishing, nor anything similar. I am simply a fisherman to fly proudly of our rivers and fish.

I have continued this forum years ago, even some of the comments that I read in this forum up they cheered me to buy my last graphite cane. Sage MOD 490. A very good fly rod that I bought after reading this post http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/365973-sage-mod-490-review.html , and it is a very good fly rod for dry fly.
Best Regards from Spain.

Thank you very much again

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Please don't be concerned about your English. As Fred said, your English is probably better than many Americans, and certainly better than my Spanish.

Stick with us. I look forward to seeing some fishing reports from your beautiful country.

steve

joselu

Reaction score
By the way ... and I'm going to take advantage of your kindness.

I am saving for another glass rod, now 4 weight, and I am thinking Epic 480 or a Steffen ..., please I would like to hear your opinions. I can not cast with any before buying. In Spain very few fly fishermen use glass rods... and I am sorry for them

fredaevans

Reaction score
Upper Rogue River:

Late Fall through the Winter we have Steelhead and Salmon; you will 'bunk over' (stay) at my home. Only one word of warning ... Mz Turkey, aka "Dog-Dog," has a large sloppy tounge, will probably sleeping next to you.

DOG..'Snork-Snork' wiggle, cuddle, zonked out....:thumbsupu

bear 007

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joselu, sorry I don't have any Steffen's to compare but I do have both the 686 and 480 Epics, the 480 is a very nice rod, its action is slightly slower and maybe a bit more refined than the 686 but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

fredaevans

Reaction score
:welcome:

Don't know if Bob does much in the way of single handers but his 'bits a pieces' are all top end. As to the 'blank' he will send you in the right direction or get you the best of the best ... and the most expensive usually aren't.

R. B. Meiser Fly Rods - The Rods

When it comes to fly lines (they work together) Steve Gotshall is "Da Man." Each one he makes is a custom cut for your fishing conditions, target fish, etc.

fae

joselu

Reaction score
Cáceres. Near of Portugal. I have many lakes with barbelsl, carpas...glass rods are perfect for them.
Thanks

cab

Reaction score
:welcomean

We love to hear from folks from all over! Most of us on this board are Americans, therefore, by definition, we don't speak English either! :D

CAB

joselu

Reaction score
Hello again from Spain !!!!

I finally bought a kit to build an Epic 480.

NoW I am selling the rod I bought from Shane Gray of GRAYWOLF a Berkley 7.2 3Wt. Is a very, very sweet reed, but it is not a good fly rod for the rivers where I fish.

I am selling it on eBay: https://www.ebay.es/itm/332268792326

but if any of you are interested in buying it, outside eBay, please tell me. The rod has only been used once in the river, in the photos you can see that it is completely new. If you want I can also send you more photos, please ask me if you wish.

My email is jlcamposmontes@gmail.com

My best wishes to you from Spain.

Last edited:

fredaevans

Reaction score
:welcomean

We love to hear from folks from all over! Most of us on this board are Americans, therefore, by definition, we don't speak English either! :D

CAB
Had to laugh when I read Cab's post ... we speak 'Murican' here, if you like a word it's in our 'lingo' in minutes... across the country. :rolleyes:

This place is an amazing place .. where else could you drive for several thousand miles and not change 'languiess?' Spelling intended ... Ah, now a total beautiful 'Southern Guirl' :eek:... 'I'm a bit hard of hearding .. would you mind reapeating that?'

:rolleyes: