My Barclay 7,2 3 Weight. Opinions

joselu

Reaction score
Hi from Spain.

I am surprised...

I bought a fiberglass made by Shane Grey of Graywolf, he build a wonderfull fly rod, perfect work. This rod, a Barclay 7,2 3Wt is a very, very beautiful fly rod, it is a sweet fly rod, a true 3wt rod, but it is not good for the rivers where I go to fish....

I've put it on sale on eBay, but I was not able to sell it ... I bought that rod in the month of April and I have only used it once, the rod is near new condition can be seen in the photos, and I have put a minimum price of 375 $ un the bid. That the price was too expensive ???? I paid for it to 600$ in this month of April with shipping included.... paid too much money for that rod ????
Please, tell me your opinions and tell me a just price for it.

Thanks and best regards!!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

jayr

Reaction score
Just a guess, but since you are in Spain is probably not helping especially for US buyers. Also, what is your feedback score? Lots of Ebay sales or not?

Another thing that might apply is duty that might have to be paid by US buyers. Is duty applicable?

What was the shipping charge?

joselu

Reaction score
Jayr, you are right. I live in Spain, but my feedback is 100%.
I am Ebayer from 2002.
The problem is that in Spain fiberglass fly rods are not knowed. I have to sell it on USA.
The cost to send was 25$..., I think a just price.
I sold to USA, Australia, Europe, UK... never had any problem.
But I am surprised with the bid for this rod.
Perhaps I was wrong when I bought it and I paid too much money for it.

Thanks for your opinión.

jayr

Reaction score
It very likely could be also that duty has to be paid by the buyer (if US buyer). Check and see if duty is due and how much.

joselu

Reaction score
Thanks.

I don't know the cost of USA customs and duties.
When I sold another ítems to USA ebayers I think that they didn't pay duties... I did for it.

Right now I just changed the article on Ebay, the shipment will be free and I will pay the shipping cost. It is better for Ebayers.

If any of you like this rod we can make the sale out of EBay too.

Best regards, and thank you very much.