Blue Halo Black Friday Sale!

brownbass

Reaction score
I received a notice in the inbox from Blue Halo. Black Friday is heating up. I am not in the market I but am sorely tempted.

Bill

del gue

Reaction score
I've got one of those Maxcatch rods inbound, supposedly they used a Blue Halo blank to build it, at least that's what the description on the website says. I got the 6 wt, which I'm gonna overline with a 7 wt line. I'm gonna use it for a light saltwater rod.

I'm more interested in reels right now. I've got a slew of rods without reels. I'm hoping, hoping mind you, that Aspen has some kind of Black Friday sale. If they do, I might jump for two of their reels. If not, I'll see if anybody else runs any BF sales on fly reels. If not, then I'll prolly go for a Kraken.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Del
You should have jumped on the Allen Fly Fishing sale they had about a month ago on their Kraken reels at 40% discount.
I dropped a Lamson Litespeed and bent the frame when I was fishing on the Green below Flaming Gorge. I straightened the frame the best I could, but now the drag doesn't work on right hand retrieve, works fine left hand retrieve. I bought a Kraken to replace the Lamson, now I have a spare reel for those folks that I fish with that use left hand retrieve. LOL!

del gue

Reaction score
Well, I would have had I known, but somehow I missed that factoid. If nothing breaks on Black Friday, I have a code for Allen for 20% off that I will use (although 405 woulda been mo' better...at 40% I mighta got 2).

I was out at Flaming Gorge on my very first trip out West on vacation. I camped at Antelope Flats and went into Dutch John for dinner. A freakin storm came through overnight and dumped snow on the mountain between there and the interstate to the north. I was trying to get to Tetons but had to stop and spend the night in Pinedale, where it snowed even more. That was an interesting and memorable trip!