Yomogi 3wt

locollama

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Graywolf built 7' 3wt Yomogi. I tried it out for the first time today on one of my favorite spots in Southwest Colorado. Absolutely beautiful rod in both form and function. My search for the perfect (for me) small steam rod is finally complete (ha!). A dozen fish to net all together, all brookies and browns and all were an absolute blast on this rod. Not great pictures, I'll try to improve in that department. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mka

Reaction score
Beautiful glass rod...Shane makes some exquisite rods! Looks like you had fun on the creek...nice pics!

locollama

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, went back out again today with great results again. 16 total in the net, no monsters but all fun. I lost 4 on their way to the net and missed a few others, a really great day for me. Back to real life (vs reel life, bad dad joke) with lots of great memories and anticipation of the next outing. Happy Memorial day everyone! Thank you to those who served so I can do what I love.

20180529/1150eeadcb886b7b08345facb9b0a658.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redbrook

Reaction score
I have the same rod that Shane built for me as well. Wonderful rod and just a blast to fish with. Great pictures of beautiful fish and water.

fishbyfly

Reaction score
Me too. Shane built a custom Yomogi about two years ago. I love fishing it on WI small waters. Used it exclusively a couple of weeks ago.

canoeman1947

Reaction score
The Yomogi is a nice rod. A while back in a weak moment, I decided to try to trade my Steffen 8' 3/4 weight for a shorter, lighter rod. I had a couple of people with Yomogis that contacted me, but before the deal could be consummated, they went fishing or out in the yard casting the rod and decided they couldn't give them up. Same thing happened with a Fred Paddock Lemon Drop rod. I finally came to my senses about trading away my Steffen and withdrew my trade offers. I think we all came out ahead.

Larry