Anyone fishing a Moonshine Rod Co fiberglass fly rod?

n4rod

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Moonshine Rod Co "Drifter" model 8ft 6in, 4-weight, 4-piece fly rod. Still waiting for it's arrival. Thought I'd ask if anyone is fishing one of these brand rods and what's their opinion. I'm going to use this on a North Georgia tailwater for released and holdover trout. I'm switching from a foot shorter bamboo rod to this fiberglass rod. Hopefully there won't be any casting transition problems.

Rod

skcwolfgang

Reaction score
I was fishing with a guy who had the moonshine 864-4 a couple of weekends ago. I got to hold and inspect the rod. I was not able to cast it. It camewith two tips. Seemed very nice at the price point. I thought it was graphite, not fiberglass. I could have been mistaken though.

GlennNY

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Moonshine Rod Co "Drifter" model 8ft 6in, 4-weight, 4-piece fly rod. Still waiting for it's arrival. Thought I'd ask if anyone is fishing one of these brand rods and what's their opinion. I'm going to use this on a North Georgia tailwater for released and holdover trout. I'm switching from a foot shorter bamboo rod to this fiberglass rod. Hopefully there won't be any casting transition problems.

Rod
The "Drifter" model is graphite like the rest of their rods. The "Revival" model is fiberglass.

brownbass

Reaction score
Perhaps a stupid question, but, are all their rods glass and if so what kind of glass.

Just wondering...... Thanks
Moonshine has graphite and glass rods. They also seem to sell out of the Drifter rods a lot. I was on their mailing list but dropped it after buying my last rod. A friend has their 3 weight Euro-nymph rod I was hoping to check out but he fell and busted his shoulder and now has to heal-up.

Bill

oldskewl808

Reaction score
The "Drifter" model is graphite like the rest of their rods. The "Revival" model is fiberglass.
Correct. If the OP ordered a “Drifter” it is a medium action graphite rod. The fiberglass model is called “Revival”. They are both great rods for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbright

Reaction score
they are great rods for the value. I have a 5wt midnight special and it is a nice rod, but i just didnt connect with it. I would highly recommend them and they have very good customer service.

Matt