Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Default Echo "River Glass" vs Redington "Butterstick"?

Can anyone comment on which of these is faster/slower? -primarily considering the 3wt version of each and don't have access to getting hands-on with either of them locally. Any input would be appreciated.

Default Re: Echo "River Glass" vs Redington "Butterstick"?

Hat,
    I was considering the same decision about 6 months ago except for a 2wt. I ended up going with the echo and am very pleased with the results. I canít compare it to the butterstick as I have no experience with it, but will say I have no regrets about going w the echo. Sorry no comparison but I hope itís still helpful.

3. Thanks hatidua thanked for this post
    Blog Entries

I cast the new 4 weight Butterstick and liked the action I am looking at acquiring a new 3 weight and will be watching here for comments.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bwoklink View Post
    Hat,
    I was considering the same decision about 6 months ago except for a 2wt. I ended up going with the echo and am very pleased with the results. I can’t compare it to the butterstick as I have no experience with it, but will say I have no regrets about going w the echo. Sorry no comparison but I hope it’s still helpful.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info. If USPS can do the needful tomorrow in the snow, I'll have a 3wt 6'9" Riverglass here, not sure if casting it in 5* weather is an accurate assessment of it's taper but I suspect I'll give it a whirl.

Echo Riverglass rod arrived. In spite of there being snow everywhere, I had to string it up and cast it so there I was casting on a lawn covered in snow (pretty sure the neighbors rolled their eyes a bit). I really like it but I need to get a lighter reel: I put a Galvan Torque-3 on it and that reel is a bit too heavy to balance well with this rod (6'9" 3wt) so a lighter reel will need to be acquired. Maybe a Galvan Brookie or similar.