Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clifton, Colorado
    Posts
    208

    Default Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Just checking to see if we can get a fishing trip going?
    if I'm not here...I'm on another line...with a fly on the end..

  2. Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Not from the Western Slopes, but could look into making a trip out that way.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,755
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Neal: I'm from Laramie, but have in-laws in the Carbondale/Basalt, CO area. Do you ever fish the Frying Pan/Roaring Fork/Colorado River? I like to float the Colorado River between New Castle and Silt and usually hit the Roaring Fork once or twice a year.

    Larry

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clifton, Colorado
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Neal: I'm from Laramie, but have in-laws in the Carbondale/Basalt, CO area. Do you ever fish the Frying Pan/Roaring Fork/Colorado River? I like to float the Colorado River between New Castle and Silt and usually hit the Roaring Fork once or twice a year.

    Larry
    we should hook up a trip.....those rivers are my stomping ground....also love the gunnison.
    if I'm not here...I'm on another line...with a fly on the end..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,755
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Neal: Sounds good! Once the wx warms up we will see if we can setup a fishing trip on the Colorado or Roaring Fork, then maybe a trip over on the Gunnison. I have never fished the Gunnison.

    Anyone else interested in fishing the Roaring Fork/Colorado area, we have room for three in the boat!

    Larry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clifton, Colorado
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Neal: Sounds good! Once the wx warms up we will see if we can setup a fishing trip on the Colorado or Roaring Fork, then maybe a trip over on the Gunnison. I have never fished the Gunnison.

    Anyone else interested in fishing the Roaring Fork/Colorado area, we have room for three in the boat!

    Larry
    the gunnison salmon fly hatch is very famous
    if I'm not here...I'm on another line...with a fly on the end..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,755
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Quote Originally Posted by flytyer_neal View Post
    the gunnison salmon fly hatch is very famous
    Neal: If you're referring to hiking down into the Black Canyon section of the Gunnison in June for the salmon fly hatch, I would love to do that but I'm afraid I'm a little too old for that kind of hike (I'm 64). I've seen video's of that hatch and it is pretty tempting but I'm not physically able to do that kind of hiking.

    Larry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clifton, Colorado
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Neal: If you're referring to hiking down into the Black Canyon section of the Gunnison in June for the salmon fly hatch, I would love to do that but I'm afraid I'm a little too old for that kind of hike (I'm 64). I've seen video's of that hatch and it is pretty tempting but I'm not physically able to do that kind of hiking.

    Larry
    during the summer, I have a spot that we can get to the water in less than 10 min.
    if I'm not here...I'm on another line...with a fly on the end..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,755
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Neal: That sounds like something I can do! Just let me know when you want to go. We will have to get together for a float on the Colorado this summer also. Maybe we could also do a float on the Green River below Flaming Gorge if your interested.

    Larry

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

    Im in boulder and I am up for a drive anywhere there are fish! There is actually a spot I want to check out next sunday if anyone is up for it... south west of denver a bit. I can give details if anyone is interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Greetings from Western Slope of Colorado
    By flytyer_neal in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 11:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM
  5. Western MA
    By Longview in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •