Trip to NWT

PikeFlyGuy

Reaction score
I'm heading for Lac La Martre, NWT on June 26 - July 2 to fly-fish, mainly for huge pike. The lake's famous for big pike (a tippet-class record was caught there) and Lakers (30+# possible...on a fly!!), and Grayling, too, and I get more and bigger pike on streamer flies than typical hardware casters. I tie a Flashabou streamer for the lakers (works great on pike, too), and took a 37", 18# beaut on Nueltin Lake, Manatoba, in 2010. I've got a fast-sink shooting head I'll be using for the trout.

If anyone has personal information on the lake or the lodge, I'd love to hear it. I'm looking for company (hardware casters are welcome, if they don't mind getting out-fished by flyrods), and would be glad to teach anyone how to take big pike on flies, and how to tie my favorite streamers. There's still room at the lodge, which appears to be a mid-level operation (not too fancy, but comfortable, with reputedly good food). I'm not promoting this for monetary reasons. Just looking for some fishermen to share the fun.