Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Reno, NV Area

Default Reno, NV Area

Any other members here from the area? I've only done fly solo and don't really know anyone in to fly fishing. I usually go at least a few times a week and am down to work anywhere on the NV side.

Default Re: Reno, NV Area

I live in the Elko area, but I travel to Reno quite often as my parents live in Spanish Springs and my in-laws live in Carson. I will have to look you up next time I am out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nvkevin View Post
    I live in the Elko area, but I travel to Reno quite often as my parents live in Spanish Springs and my in-laws live in Carson. I will have to look you up next time I am out there.
    Please do, if we ever get a sub 3 digit temp day and some water anytime soon!

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

4. Default Re: Reno, NV Area

Hi I'm new to reno area and love to fly fish just don't know where to go or have anyone to go with. Would love to find a fishing buddy that I could go fishing with. Thank you
    Larry

The Truckee is a good starting point and a joy to fish. I make it to Reno 1x or 2x a year...... I'll look you up maybe then. I've stumbled across a couple guys that fly fish there when I've been poking around. I've heard good things about Pyramid Lake... bring your ladder.... classic stuff right there. All that for a dinky little trout.

ft09

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso