Allen Compass 6-weight rod and Willow & Cane 5/6 reel with backing and line. The rod has never been fished and still has the plastic on the handle.

The reel has backing and I will include a choice of either Rio Mainstream Bass line (used) or the unknown brand trout line that came on the reel (I assume it has been used). The reel is set up for right-hand retrieve, but I will switch to left hand upon request, or it is easy to change (same process as a Lamson). The reel is cast aluminum with black finish and red hub. I have used the reel and it has a small scratch on the rim, but otherwise looks new. There is a rod tube with interior dividers and neoprene reel pouch.

I have cast this rod on grass, and it has a very nice action. I bought it as a backup, and it has never been used, but I no longer need it. I will include a hand-tied leader and a couple of flies, if requested, so it will be ready to fish right out of the box. This would be an excellent starter set, as this is not Allen's entry model rod, the reel seems to have a pretty decent drag, and the line is better than what is included in most starter sets.

Rod+tube: $70
Combo: $100

Price includes shipping in the US.

Pictures available by email if you request them by PM with an email address.