WTB 10"7wt

yooperj

Reaction score
Looking for a fast action 10" 7wt for GL steelhead fishing, budget is around 400$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plecain

Reaction score
There's a new 7 wt, 10 ft Sage ONE on ebay right now. The price is a little over your budget, but you could look at that.

waterman07

Reaction score
If you end up going shorter, I have a Winston Boron II MX 9’ 7 WT. perfect for steelhead.

silver creek

Reaction score
Can't imagine any use anyone would have for a 10 inch fly rod. Sage or not.

:lol2:

(sorry, couldn't resist) :D
Don't know if you are serious but a 10 ft 7 wt is a good choice for the Great lakes.

Is There Such Thing as a "Steelhead Rod?" | MidCurrent

"Greg Senyo, owner of Steelhead Alley Outfitters: No, it is not a sales hype. There are definitely preferred fly rods for fishing Great Lakes steelhead. If you primarily fish with an indicator, the best rod choice would be a 10-foot 7-weight single-hand rod. The added length gives you an advantage in mending your fly line and maintaining drag-free drifts. The extra length also aids the angler because you won’t have to hold your arm out all day long, causing shoulder pain or fatigue, while high-sticking. The 7-weight also has all the necessary power in the butt section of the rod to handle and effectively land large fish.

Matt Supinski, owner of Gray Drake Outfitters: Yes, there is such thing as a Great Lakes steelhead rod! In this sport, the rod is the single most crucial element of the sport. 10, 11, and 12 foot rods are needed (the new lightweight switch rods embodies all of this).

Shawn Brillon, Orvis product developer and steelhead fanatic: In my eyes, there isn’t just one steelhead-specific rod. Spey and Switch models are specialty rods, so I’ll focus on 9½- to 10-footer in line weights 6, 7 or 8 for indicator fishing and tight-line nymphing."

Fly Fishing Rods for Steelhead - Rod Weight, Reel and Line Choices

"The perfect rod for steelhead in my opinion would be a fast action 10′ 7 weight. Something like a Sage ONE 10′ 7 Weight 4 Piece 7100-4 Use it as a streamer trout rod and it still has enough hair on it’s chest to tangle with most great lakes salmon.

yooperj

Reaction score
Don't know if you are serious but a 10 ft 7 wt is a good choice for the Great lakes.

Is There Such Thing as a "Steelhead Rod?" | MidCurrent

"Greg Senyo, owner of Steelhead Alley Outfitters: No, it is not a sales hype. There are definitely preferred fly rods for fishing Great Lakes steelhead. If you primarily fish with an indicator, the best rod choice would be a 10-foot 7-weight single-hand rod. The added length gives you an advantage in mending your fly line and maintaining drag-free drifts. The extra length also aids the angler because you won’t have to hold your arm out all day long, causing shoulder pain or fatigue, while high-sticking. The 7-weight also has all the necessary power in the butt section of the rod to handle and effectively land large fish.

Matt Supinski, owner of Gray Drake Outfitters: Yes, there is such thing as a Great Lakes steelhead rod! In this sport, the rod is the single most crucial element of the sport. 10, 11, and 12 foot rods are needed (the new lightweight switch rods embodies all of this).

Shawn Brillon, Orvis product developer and steelhead fanatic: In my eyes, there isn’t just one steelhead-specific rod. Spey and Switch models are specialty rods, so I’ll focus on 9½- to 10-footer in line weights 6, 7 or 8 for indicator fishing and tight-line nymphing."

Fly Fishing Rods for Steelhead - Rod Weight, Reel and Line Choices

"The perfect rod for steelhead in my opinion would be a fast action 10′ 7 weight. Something like a Sage ONE 10′ 7 Weight 4 Piece 7100-4 Use it as a streamer trout rod and it still has enough hair on it’s chest to tangle with most great lakes salmon.
He was being sarcastic cause my add says 10" not 10' haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

dryfly70

I have a few extra Rods that are perfect for the Great Lakes/ Salmon River Steelhead and Salmon But are lighter 8 Weight rods if Interested...... Sage 6 wt, Sage 8 wt, Orvis 6 wt, Orvis 8wt and Deer Creek 8wt. rods are all 9'-11'6" Mark