Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default SOLD: Hardy Marksman 2 T Spey Rod 13' #8 Rod;

SOLD

I copied the pictures from an old post on the Rod Love thread. Looks like I bought this in fall of 2012 and it is lightly used in very good condition. The rod works well with Scandi or Mid Spey lines in the 525 to 600 grain range. I'm pretty sure it will cast Skagits in the same grain range if you like Skagit heads.

Like everything I try to sell I think there is a good value here at the price......It's at the bottom of the post

The package starts off with a tube bag over and protecting a nicely finished powder coated rod tube. Inside the tube your rod is of course protected in a well made rod sock.

The reel seat is totally different than any of my old rods and the knurled locking rings spin freely on the threaded hardware.

Fit & finish is good quality all around and the only gaps I found in the cork are the 2 at the neat little trim ring on the rear or bottom cork.

In keeping with the traditional way that Hardy does things the rod sections are provided with ferrule plugs for all female ferrules, a nice touch for sure. While ferrule plugs are not really needed they impart a certain old school quality to a good rod.

The reel seat has a good solid and smooth fit and here you see it fit with a Cascapedia reel loaded with a 575 grain 55' Mid Spey.

Price Delivered to you in the USA. is $335.00 which includes Pay Pal fees and Priority Postage.
    Last edited by Ard; 03-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardy Marksman 2 T Spey Rod 13' #8 Rod;

Another sweet deal if you are looking for a decent 2 hand rod for half of what they sold for new.

If anyone would be interested in a combo deal I have one of the Large arbor hardy Uniqua reels loaded with a 550 grain RIO Skagit Max Long and Rio Powerflex Max running / shooting line I would be willing to sell also. Together they would provide a complete and matched kit for 2 hand fishing.

An eight weight Spey rod is good for large trout (anything over 3 pound) up to a king salmon.

If the whole setup sounds like the way to go just contact me and I'll work out a price that will be a good deal for anyone.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors