KFRogueRods

Reaction score
RF SERIES FLY RODS

Premium T700 aerospace-grade graphite
Light weight, crisp tapers make these rods a pleasure to cast
ALPS SS-16 Guides & Forecast hardware and cork handles from Batson
Lightweight guides to minimize friction and reduce casting drag
Hardware is hard anodized 6061 aluminum
High quality thread wrap with 2 coats of Flex Coat UV epoxy, easy to see the craftsmanship
Reel seats are Channel Lock TICH coated machined aluminum with a keyed sliding hood resulting in a centered reel
Single foot TICH coated fly guides to increase performance, thus eliminating a foot, thread wrap and epoxy per guide X 8 on the 5 wt. 9"....cutting the wind.
Progressive Fast, a GLoomis exclusive, is a rod dynamic to maximize hook-ups...rod tip(last 15%) is softened for sensitivity, shock and to maintain leverage(rip lip control) while the back bone of rod is fast for distance and wind......"FEEL THE BITE"
Purposefully built 2 pc. rods......Ferrules do effect rod dynamics
Unpainted/coated to preserve rod action
These rods were developed and engineered with GLoomis DNA. These same characteristics are found in todays upper end rods
Many say this graphite falls between GL3 and IMX

About Rogue Rods....this a liquidation....directly from the factory. They're demise was not a result of product performance or quality. Rogue Rods competition in the West were the likes of Sage, Lamiglas, G Loomis and R.L.Winston, a formidable bunch. For 14 years, this Southern Oregon rod company was driven to bring to market, the best value for the money, with a very loyal following. All rods offered here are from the 2018/19 catalog and are all #1's, no seconds. Remaining inventory exceeds 700 fly rods...once they're gone, they're gone. Each rod was hand built in So_Ore., a mere 10 miles from the Rogue River. From aerospace quality carbon fiber, in-house autoclaving and finishing etc....
Made in the USA

$129 for 3,4,5,6 2pc. 9', 8'6" & 8' Progressive Fast action 9'....Fast action 8'6" & 8'
$139 for 7'6" 3pc. pack rod with tube Moderate action
$149 for 10'6" 7/8 & 9/10 Power Fast

PayPal preferred
Volume discounts on 3 or more rods
Listed on EBay and various Craigslist's
$10 flat rate shipping USPS Priority US only
https://www.theflyfishingforum.com/...attachmentid=21580&d=1583261230&thumb=1&stc=1KFRogueRods@gmail.com

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum KF Rogue,

These are great prices and I hope you stir some interest with the membership here.

Ard

dpenrod

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of pulling the trigger. My 6wt arrived today and these rods are very nice! Light and crisp as advertised. Very castable. The blank is a pleasing matte finish and the wrap work is good. Don't hesitate to grab one. Can't be beat, especially at these prices. Think i'm gonna order a couple more.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
The web site is closed. Can I order these direct through the Email?
I don’t know about the email, but if you go onto eBay and search for Rogue Rods you will get their listings. It would be better for the seller if you could do it outside of eBay, but the prices are about the same and you do get some protection as a consumer by purchasing through eBay.

You might try a PM here or an inquiry to the email.

I really don’t need another fly rod, but this is tempting just to satisfy my curiosity.

Good luck

Don

JoJer

Reaction score
Got it thru Ebay. Easy peasy. Sent my daughter a link to this thread and told her to jump on it if she wants to up-grade. She had an "aha" moment a while back when she got to cast my TFO Lefty Kreh signature series 1 6 wt.
$156. to my door. Now we have to find that wheelie thing for the back. And some string.

JoJer

Reaction score
The rod arrived today. It does throw some line. A bit stiffer than my TFO. Can any other owners recommend a line? Most of my rods are lined with DT's. This feels like it might want a 1/2 weight heavier line.
Also noticed all of the top section guides except the tip top and very bottom have some misplaced epoxy on them. I expect the line will remove this pretty quickly, and safer than me trying to scrape it off.
And... should I send the warranty card?

dpenrod

Reaction score
Linewise I'd use something like a rio gold. I have a rio nymph taper that loads my 6 well. I asked about the warranty card and it isn't valid as the company is no longer in business. I like mine enough I will buy another as a backup.

ryc72

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the 3 piece 7’6” 4wt? Curious about that one. If there are any owners of that model I’d like to hear your opinion.